Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Victom of treestand theft >

Victom of treestand theft

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Victom of treestand theft

Old 09-21-2006, 09:52 PM

Default Victom of treestand theft

Hello
Earlier today I read the article"Ode to a Treestand Theif"I had a stand stolen but mine was a "Ladder Stand"
Old 09-22-2006, 05:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Victom of treestand theft

I'll be putting up my new ladder stand shortly , and when I do the platform will be secured to the tree with a lock that attaches to the trunk with an eye bolt that's protected with a steel locking shell . I also plan to secure the ladder sections to each other with padlocks instead of just the pins . If they want that ladder they'll definitely have to work for it , and thieves steal because they're too lazy to work .
Old 09-22-2006, 07:27 AM

It is one of those sad things that I know is going to happen to me one day.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:01 AM

Yes it happend to me one year, had a tripod stand and a barrel feeder stolen when the logging company came through one summer and did some logging. Imagine that.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:21 AM
Fork Horn

I too had a treestand stolen. Last season I hung a clamp-on stand w/a stick ladder1 week before the season opened. The following week on opening day I went in for an evening hunt an found my treestand had been stolen. My dad and I have never hung stands w/locks, cables, chains, etc. because this area was never hunted by anyone else than us, and two it was private and no one else had permission to be there. Well come to find out whenmy dad went into the woods to do some scouting(the next week), he found another stand in a tree 10 feet from where mine had been. So not only did I have my stand stolen but my honey hole as well. After talking to the landowner this year we're in the process of getting 100% control over the land during hunting season. But one thing is for sure, I'll never hang a stand anymore w/outit being secured by lock and chain/cable.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have had mine stolen this year...too many bad people out there..they need to open a season for them...i will be sure to purchase extra tags...hunting public land in CA.. only accessible by bike, but contractors where doing levee work and saw me come out with a my bow on a thursday...went back that satruday morning and it was gone....somehow no one saw anyone drive there vehicle back on the property..(owned by F&G wildlife area no vehilce allowed).... going back sunday to get my other two down (these are hidden much better) and will never put one up without a locking cabel
Old 09-22-2006, 03:31 PM

one of the reasons why i have a climber stand, it goes in with me and comes home with me, i know how it feels, ive had about 2 or 3 hang on stands stolen, thats why i just use my climber now, i would really like to catch someone trying to steal from me, unless they are really bigger than me, we probably would be rolling in the woods...lol
Old 09-22-2006, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another reason I like my tree saddle.