Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best week to ask off? >

Best week to ask off?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best week to ask off?

Old 09-20-2006, 04:25 PM

Default Best week to ask off?

I am going to be asking off for an entire week during the rut. I live in WI and from what I have heard that Nov7 is the week of the big boys so I would like to ask off around that time. But, I am not sure as to when the rut starts in Wi,I know that lots of things affect the rut such as weather ect. But I know there are some WI hunters here and I wanted to know the best time that seems to be consistant as far as dates. My goal is to harvest a buck that I will be happy with and I know thatthe 7th is good but I want to know your suggestions.Thanks
Old 09-20-2006, 04:49 PM

Default RE: Best week to ask off?

I took off the first Friday in November, and have off until the following Thursday. Should be prime time.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm off the first two weeks of Nov season end date Nov 11th. Any time you can hunt as close to Nov 15th the better.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:37 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-20-2006, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shouldn’t be long until we see the annual “rut” reports stating when the best time to take off is. I think the weather isa major factor for me here in the Mid Atlantic region, but last year when the “rutting moon” first appeared (late October I think) all hell broke loose. Deer were going nuts. November followed with typical behavior but we had a lot of warm spells. I may be a little optimistic, but I have a feeling this will be a conventional autumn and we will see nice, cool temps making for one hell of a rut.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

From what I understand there are a lot of deer shot around the 6th 7th and 8th of Nov. I have off from the 4th till the 11th.
I have killed bucks during this time as well as the last week in Oct.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:00 PM
Spike

Rutting moon occurs on 5 NOV, I think. 2 or 3 days prior to that will see the "seeking phase" kick in for about 5-7 days, that will be followed by the "chasing phase" for another 5 days or so. Once the "breeding phase" starts the woods will quiet down significantly. I would take the week of 6-10 off.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:35 PM

Well, I'm a Farmer so I think I'll just take off from Oct. 1st Till Jan. 7th haha! I'm thankful I can get in the woods just about everyday of season. I can't spend all day but I get out prolly 2-4 hours in the morning and maybe2-3 at night.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rob has the timing down for Pa rut hunting, that's when I'll be in the woods. I'll be in Alberta Nov 13th-18th, things happen a bit later further north. One point to make, the rut goes on reguardless of the weather, if it's too warm for daytime movement or too much human activity, the'll move at night.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:50 PM

Charles Alsheimer has recommended Nov 9 to the 19th as the best time to be in the field this year (based on moon phase).

Quick Reply: Best week to ask off?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.