Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is your favorite small camo company? >

What is your favorite small camo company?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Featherflage Camouflage
0%
Mothwing Camouflage
9.09%
God's Country Camouflage
13.64%
Tomaflage Camouflage
0%
Everywear West Camouflage
0%
Sage Country Camouflage
0%
Buckthorn Camouflage
2.27%
TrueBlend Camouflage
0%
Image Country Camouflage
0%
Enigma Camouflage
25.00%
Other
50.00%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

What is your favorite small camo company?

Old 09-19-2006, 08:58 PM

Default RE: What is your favorite small camo company?

another vote for the predator.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:01 PM
Fork Horn

I've been using Predator too, but they are not a small company are they? I assumed they are bigger than those listed so I voted for Enigma, my next purchase. That Morell is interesting, too busy but interesting. I'm sure it would work up close but blob out to distances.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice answer! Some people are so decent you try to find a way to do business with them!
Old 09-19-2006, 10:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I recently hunted Africa in the new Enigma Camo. It preformed flawlessly. Even more recently, I spent time chasing deer and elk in Colorado. I have been left speechless while wearing the Enigma. I cannot believe how close I've been able to spot and stalk Big game. Not only have I had deer and elk camped on my door step, I've also been able to spot and stalk within 15 yards of two different black bear. Yep, I vote for Enigma...HANDS DOWN!
Old 09-20-2006, 05:29 AM

Skyline, so I voted other.

But all the talk of Enigma is starting to peek my interest.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:37 AM

I forgot one camo that I checked out the other day.

Naked North from Gamehide it is very cool. Light no dark spots
Old 09-20-2006, 08:11 AM
Spike

As far as "smalll companies" are concerned—I think there are only really 3 "large" camo companies—and that's reaching a bit regarding Natural Gear.

Clearly, MO and Realtree are at the top of the food chain. The mention of how long ASAT and Predator have "been around" makes a valid point regarding camo—or any product—in general. A product is truly only as successful as the marketing efforts put into it. It's about brand awareness.

I love ASAT. I also think Predator—and other more open patterns like Enigma, Gods Country and Ghost camo are better overall patterns IMO. So what seperates MO and Realtree? Aggressive marketing!

Fact is, ASAT and Predator, etc. have small "cult followings" in message boards like this. Word of mouth is great, as is the interenet—but a solid brand awareness can't be built on that alone. Truth is, probably less than 25% of the overall hunting community spends little—if any—time on message boards such as this, or online in general. When a company like Predator or ASAT, etc. are laying all their eggs on the strength of a media that is reaching far less of the overall target market—less overall exposure means less overall brand awareness.

I work in Advertising—and I can tell you that there's a good reason why "already established" corporations/companies continue to pump a good percentage of their budgets into other forms of media—i.e. print. Because it's about reaching the largest overall percentage of your target market. It's costly, but it works.

I can't recall the last time—or ever—having seen a full-page Ad in any of the 3 hunting pubs I subscribe to for any camo companies outside of MO and Realtree?

I "tried" to help introduce ASAT to friends and fellow hunters over the past year or so. 9 times out of 10—guys just brushed the idea off. Why? They had never heard of it. It was "unproven" to them—if only because their own "exposure" to it was basically zero.

I'd love to see some of the "smaller companies" devote a bit more effort into pushing a successful branding campaign. I think with the right approach, some of these smaller companies would gain a bit more ground by refocusing their efforts to reach more of the overall hunting market.

Just my .02!!!
Old 09-20-2006, 08:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Jmac, that is a very good post.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great post, jmac... and you saved me a ton of typing.

Rob joked that the small size of a company doesn't speak well for loyal users like me; in truth, it says nothing about us as users --but everything about the direction the company itself has chosen to go. That's one of the main reasons the inventor of Predator is no longer with the company; he didn't like the direction his partners were going as far as marketing, advertising, etc.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I love'em all..I'm a camo junky! I wish I could afford to buy every new pattren or style out there. But dang nab it everything is so expensive. Right now with 3 young'uns ..I'm wearing whats already in the closet and thats real-tree scent-lok.

Now if one of the "new, small" guys want to give me a special..just PM me ..I'll wear it proudly and sing your praises in every post!

How's that for advertising at a fair cost!

Quick Reply: What is your favorite small camo company?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.