Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Things I will do during the 2006 season >

Things I will do during the 2006 season

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Things I will do during the 2006 season

Old 09-16-2006, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Things I will do during the 2006 season

I will not be concerned with how many deer I take.

I will not get stressed over only hunting 6-8 hours a week when work gets rough through periods of the season.

I will not be concerned with wether the deer is a 100 lb. doe or a giant buck, they both taste the same.

I will hunt for the true pleasure of hunting and the outdoors like I used to.

I just feel better saying that b/c I put alot of pressure on myself to be succesful, no matter what I do in life. That type or pressure just doesn't fit in anymore when I go hunting, I am not out to take 12 point bucks every year b/c I just don't hunt those kind of lands with that much frequency. I just want to enjoy the woods like I did when I first started hunting. The way the bow is feeling in my hands this year is just something special. The way it was hitting today, and the thoughts of cold days and hard hunts brought a real smile to my face. Lets get it started in 2006.

VirginiaShadow
Old 09-16-2006, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Things I will do during the 2006 season

cool goals? welcome to the forums
Old 09-16-2006, 10:10 PM

That's a rather prolific first post.....Impressive. Good luck this season, and welcome!
Old 09-16-2006, 10:58 PM

Right on!

Welcome to the forums, it appears as if you'll be a worthwhile poster. I look forward to seeing your posts in the future.
Old 09-16-2006, 10:59 PM

Welcome to the forums!

What part of Va do you live in? Im currently in Roanoke.

Good luck this year!
Old 09-17-2006, 05:01 AM
Spike

Great post. I'm so worked up over opening day in 6 days that I know I'll feel let down if I don't get something. Like you say, I need to remind myself to relax and enjoy my time in the woods. With work, family, house duties, and living far from the happy hunting grounds, I get little enough time to scout or hunt and I need to get the most satisfaction out of it.
Old 09-17-2006, 05:08 AM

Nice Post! This upcoming season is all I can think about, but not just for the hunts, to spend time with my Dad and just get away from everything.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

welcome .........just try to remember if God wants you to have a deer, he's going to bless you with one", doesnt matter if someone comes by and pees on your stand, if it's going to happen, it will.....so bring a camera, take pics of evrything you can imagine and just enjoy yourself.....i know you will.....
Old 09-17-2006, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I live in Nokesville, its about 10 minutes west of Manassas. It also sits about 2 miles North of Quantico Marine Base. Thanks all. I just felt I had to put that out there, it made me feel better. I have been so worked up the last few years abot hunting, that alot of the fun was sucked out of it by my own mind. I look forward to reading everyone elses posts as well.

vashadow
Old 09-17-2006, 07:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hello and welcome to the best hunting site on the web.
Your thoughts on bow hunting are very well put , thats the way hunting should be.
I hope you have a safe and successful season and may God bless you and your family.

Quick Reply: Things I will do during the 2006 season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.