HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   What deer would you pass up! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/156551-what-deer-would-you-pass-up.html)

rooking22 09-16-2006 11:09 AM

What deer would you pass up!

This poll tells what deer you would pass up!:):D[8D];)[&:][:@]:([:'(][>:][:o][X(][:-]:eek:[&o]

Hoythunter1000000 09-16-2006 11:25 AM

RE: What deer would you pass up!

There is no way to know by the points. I've saw huge 7 Points and small 10 Points. It just depends on How mature the deer is and theFrame of theRack. Not justhow many points he has.

Oneshot7 09-16-2006 12:09 PM

same as hoyt said but i go by either a huge 7 or better

OkieArcher 09-16-2006 12:25 PM

I would like the deer to be at lease 100 inches to make it a shooter

Washington Hunter 09-16-2006 01:33 PM

I guess it depends on how you classify your deer.

I picked three point.

As in three points on one side.

I would pass a 3x3 unless it was wide, tall, and had good mass.

Washington state has a three point minimum, but I've set the standard myself for only taking 4x4's or better. Probably why I've yet to shoot a buck.

TurkeyStalker 09-16-2006 01:36 PM

I agree with hoyt, I have seen some really massive 6 pointers. I have two twin( I think they are twins) 4 pointers behind my house and they have more mass than 80 percent of the deer I have seen. I would not shoot one either. I always try to think that next year they might be monsters or the year after.

deerslayer444 09-16-2006 04:44 PM

I have fewer options. Arkansas has a three point rule (three points on one side) throughout the state and up to five points in certain management areas. So, if it is a legal buck, I ain't passing it up! Besides, I've yet to find a decent recipe for antlers.:D

Fieldmouse 09-16-2006 06:32 PM

I didn't vote. I've passed up all of the above and some. One I do regret now looking back was a 14 point. I was a great moring in a place we call buck run. I had some nice 8's around all morning long with a half a dozen smaller bucks. The 14 point walked right by with in about 10 yrds. I didn't shoot him because of his rack. The left was huge the right was only about 2/3 of the left. So I let him walk. It was easy to do because I had a huge 10 point about 150 yrds away all morning just running up and down the golf course about 10 yrds in the woods. He never did come down to where I was. It was still a great morning.

RDHunter 09-16-2006 06:41 PM

Six points and less I'd say let'em live and grow some more bone to that rack.
Eight points or more , yea you bet I'm taking a shot at that.

JeramyK 09-16-2006 06:46 PM

If it's legal I'll take it. Depending on the area I'm hunting the buck has to have either 3 or 4 points on a single side to make him legal. Unless he's a button buck.