Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Missed Opening Morning... >

Missed Opening Morning...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Missed Opening Morning...

Old 09-15-2006, 06:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default Missed Opening Morning...

Well due to Issues at the Office at the last Minute yesterday, I am sitting in my "Paying" Office this morning, wondering what has already walked by my "Non-Paying" Office...

Tomorrow it's on though... Hopefully some others had better luck this morning...
Old 09-15-2006, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Missed Opening Morning...

I feel your pain bro. I already know that I'll be at work on the first 3 days of the PA season.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:04 AM
Typical Buck

I am here suffering myself...I will be hitting the woods at 3:45 sharp this afternoon though. Its shaping up to be a stellar afternoon hunt, its misty right now with gradual clearing throughout the day.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:12 AM

Sorry to her it Hvy...I was lucky enough to get out and do a little still hunting before school...Good luck tomorrow and this afternoon guys!
Old 09-15-2006, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't fret about it -- you didn't miss anything. I went out this morning and didn't see anything that drew a breath, so I guess that means you wouldn't have either! LOL! It started a light drizzle as I was walking back to the house after I got down and has been pouring ever since I got inside. Thank the Lord that the rain held off. Now it needs to stop before this afternoon's hunt.

Good luck this season!
Old 09-15-2006, 09:36 AM

I missed the opener here in NJ last Saturday and it ate at me all day, but by Sunday I got over it. Here it is Friday and it's pouring outside with more showers and drizzle the rest of today into Saturday AM. Heck, I am still leaving work early and have my gear in my truck to be on stand by 4PM until 7PM...and I got my tree umbrella to help keep me dry. Only a page on my fire pager will stop me from getting out there this afternoon!!
Old 09-15-2006, 09:49 AM

Sorry to hear that.... I wasn't able to go this morning because of work also, but I will be in the stand this evening and tomorrow morning....
Old 09-15-2006, 10:24 AM
Fork Horn

Actually I just found out my Brother saw nothing this morning... So I guess I really didn't miss much, but I just really enjoy being out there... But Tomorrow Rain or Shine I will be there...
Old 09-15-2006, 10:30 AM

I got out this morning. It was cool, but the mosquitos almost carried me off anyway.

I saw 3. One small buck, a fawn, and a Doe. I'm hunting a managed deer hunt here in Mo, and I can have one deer, and have till Oct 1 to get it. Small deer have a pass from me right now.

By next week though, in my eyes they'll have USDA stamped on their butts.