Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

FURIOUS!

Old 09-13-2006, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: FURIOUS!

NEVERstore anything of value in a box blind.

I'm sad to hear this happened to you.
In our neck of East Texas it is a given the night walkers are going to break in your blind just to see what you have. If you leave anything of value it will disappear.

I built a locking mechanism out of solid steel plates for our stands. We have sliding doors and one portion of steel plate slides into another, then the padlock locks it in place.
Since my doors are not loner an entry option they have gone to ripping open the windows just to poke their head in and see what they are missing.
If you use a regular hinge style locking mechanism they will rip the door at the lock, those won't hold out a poachers infant (they start them young ).

I'm sorry this has happened to you, may the culprit step on a rusty nail[&:]

Old 09-13-2006, 09:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

People like that if their stomach was on fire I would not pee in their mouth to put it out
Old 09-13-2006, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

sorry to hear that, that just pisses me off [:@]What goes arond comes around, get your self a bear leg trap, like in the old days.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:53 AM

it would be nice if people would stop stealing things from other people in the woods. i had a deer stand stolen from me last year.....[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@] that type of people are not sportsmen. they are %^&$in @$$holes.. I would like to see if someone would put out a camera in one and see who is doing it... Then have the DNR come out and write them a huge ticket and jail time. that is why i am become a CONSERVATION OFFICER. Sorry i had to that
Old 09-13-2006, 11:23 AM

the cam should do the trick but the thought of a pit with pungi stakes came to mind 1st. I lost a beautiful stand on private property a few years ago it was one my Wife got
ME FOR CHRISTMAS. I wouldnt wish any bad luck on anyone but I hope they never get a deer from it..Vet
Old 09-13-2006, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

i am very sorry to hear that...i had put up a tree stand 3 weeks before the archery opener this year and went out to hunt thursday and it was there..hunted and saw one doe..went back saturday and someone stole it.....ticked me off something horable...it was on public land and someone drove there vehicle back there (which is illegal on this state game land) and stole it....

sorry again..that really sux when people do stupid things like that
Old 09-13-2006, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where did I read about the person that rigged his trail cams with treble hooks? Too bad you would probably end up getting sued if some trespasser ended up meeting with an unfortunate "accident"...
Old 09-13-2006, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I heard a story today about I guy that rigged up a shotgun. Long story short the thief opened up the door and got shot in the knees. I don't know if it's true or not. Obviously I'd never do this but I understand.

My dad only has 20 acres. His tower is only about 200 yards from his house. Him and his buddies frequently hang out year round in the tower, have a few beers, and watch deer. Now he's wondering about his friends - which one is the back stabber? It was obviously somebody who knew where the key was. It really sucks because he's starting have second thoughts about people who are probably innocent.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with setting some infrared cameras....but it's also an expense that hopefully can be aquired. I think the problem with todays society is lack of discipline. I mean you can't discilpine a child the way my parents could. Not that my parents were strict, but I knew that my dad worked his @$$ off to support 9 kids, and pay for a house. Point being, the respect of others property is where today's society lacks. Makes you wish you could catch the idiots who would steal from someonr and SLAP the $@#* right out of them until they knew better than to mess with a person who worked their whold life to get what they have.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:06 AM

People who like to benefit from others hard work with a little light fingered action pisses me off. I think you should set a trap or set up a stealth cam to catch this dirty rat. I don't necessarily agree with violence but i know of many hunters in New Zealand that found the only way to reform thiefs and poachers is to take it upon themselves to man handle these people and have had no more trouble from them. Unfortunately our legal system out here is a long process to stop these sorts of people destroying our lifes savings and pleasures. I hope you get some results and i hope your father gets his gear back. Good luck to you and your family.

Quick Reply: FURIOUS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.