Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

safety help

Old 09-13-2006, 01:42 AM
Spike

Default safety help

was wondering if anyone had tipsfor making a fall restraint system for use while climbing. seems simple enough - with a safety belt or harness and line attached above the stand. just wondering what type of slipknot and hardware to use toattach the two.thanks
Old 09-13-2006, 05:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: safety help

Go visit an amish leathersman. Hell make ya what ya need. And I guarentee it will last years upon years and be very safe.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would truly recommend the Summit Seat-O-The -Pants climbing safety system. It costs about $39.00 and will keep you harnessed while climbing or descending.
Cutting corners with safety isn't a good practice--its better to be safe than sorry. Spend the money on a good harness, it will be money well spent and you'll have no regrets.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:08 AM

Ampahunter said it all and I agree. I have the one supplied by Summit, but others will do the trick as well. You want to be secured going up, while hunting, and coming back down and this is the way to do it.