Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Are you allergic to poison ivy? >

Are you allergic to poison ivy?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
65.22%
No
27.17%
No plants in my area.
1.09%
I dont know.
6.52%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Are you allergic to poison ivy?

Old 09-11-2006, 10:13 PM

Default RE: Are you allergic to poison ivy?

I consider myself very lucky. I'm not bothered by it at all, but if my wife even sees it she'll be getting shots and steroids for the worst breakout I've ever seen.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Aparently I am now , found out the hard way too.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:26 PM

Growing up I actually crawled thrugh it as a 2 year old, sat in some a dozen times and ran through it countless times and never, ever got even an itch.

When I turned 18 I was mowing my folks pasture and chopped some up next to a tree. I was covered from head t toe in the crap and now I get it easy.. We don't havet oo much out here, or at least I have been lucky enough not tog et it... Some folks are more sensative than others to the ivy jsut like some people get stung by a bee and blow up while othes barely have a reaction at all..

My mom gets it bad al the time but once she had oak so bad that she had to get steroid treatments for it... Sounded just awful, before my time.

Old 09-11-2006, 10:29 PM

I'm allergic to everything under the sun, more or less. Ragweed, dust, dust mite, cats, soap, colgne, ect, I could go on forever. My allergist and I are close. The weird thing is that Poison Ivy has never effected me.

BTW: Has anyone else noticed that there is a bumper crop of ragweed out this year? I haven't been able to breathe out of my nose for a week now.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:34 PM
Spike

Ivy Block works really well and you can get it from Wal-Mart. Also take a shower right after you know you have been in it and it helps. Also go to your extension center in your county and ask for the drinkable ivy block. They give this stuff to powerline workers, all you do is put a couple drops of this liquid in your water and drink it and it will keep you poison ivy free for a certain amount of time.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:13 AM

no, i am not .not to poison ivy ,poison oak or poison suemac ,born with these amuneities ....reason unknown...

and yes i have been tested for all 3 of these ...and i get a rash from netals but it goes away faster than most people's reaction to them ... it vanishes within a few mintues ....

i am highly aluric to some types of bees ....!to the point of almost haveing my arm cut off from one bee sting ....that was about 13 years ago ...
Old 09-12-2006, 04:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

YES!!
Old 09-12-2006, 04:47 AM

I have never had an alergic reaction to PI.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

I dont know im not stupid enough to gowalking through it I know what it looks like so If i see it I avoid it.....duh.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

when I was younger all of us would play in the woods. They would get poison ivy except me. Some friends were mad but what can ya do.

Quick Reply: Are you allergic to poison ivy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.