Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hoytgirl is Hoyt's pic of the week!!!!!! >

Hoytgirl is Hoyt's pic of the week!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hoytgirl is Hoyt's pic of the week!!!!!!

Old 09-11-2006, 05:09 PM

Default RE: Hoytgirl is Hoyt's pic of the week!!!!!!

I would like to know what happened to the photos you took in your back yard that were on here??? I tried to show someone and it would'nt let me look at them???? Great bear, did you get one HCH?????
Old 09-11-2006, 05:15 PM
Banned

We had a blast. Weather was great for the most part except for the last two days we were there it either rained or drizzled. I was so glad and proud of Hoytgirl for getting her bear. There are probably only a handful of women in the world that have killed a bear let alone with a bow and arrow. She is hooked and we booked the hunt again for next year. It was my 7th bear hunt so I am obviously hooked on bear hunting too. It is quite a rush to have one come in. Hoytgirl sat with me the next after she got hers with a video camera and we got to see a 400# class bear show up right at dark but he offered me no shot and it was too dark for her to film. I got to watch him well before dark stroll through a little clearing and he was definately in the 400# class. He finally came in too late fora shot.Three nights later I arrowed a nice bear right before dark and as we went into track it the next am it started raining. We found lots of blood but between the rain and too many people in the woods looking for the blood and the bear we lost the track. There are plants all over the forest floor that are yellow green with red spots of various sizes on them. When these plants get wet with rain you have to physically rub the spots to determine if they are blood or not. We all agreed that it was obvious that the bear was dead but we just couldn't find him in the thick Canadian bush. This is the 1st animal that I have never found and it was a bummer. The shot looked perfect to me and I got a complete pass through. We searched for three hours but that bush is so thick that you would actually have to stumble over it. I guess it was meant to be; nothing in nature goes to waste and other critters and birds will feed on it. HCH[/align][/align]
Old 09-11-2006, 05:19 PM

Congrats to her. Some big bears in Ontario.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:31 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats to Hoytgirl for making Pic of the week. And Good luck on the show venture. It would be cool to see a Hunting Net member on a show. Awesome story about the bear also.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:49 PM
Spike

Very cool. Congratulations. I didn't know we had celebrities on here.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:53 PM

With a wife that good looking you might want to really re-consider having the word Hardcore in the title. Some people might tune in expecting a whole different kind of show.

Paul
Old 09-11-2006, 06:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

A blonde behind a bruin, of course it would be. Very cool.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

How nice for you two. Congratulations!

The photo is just excellent too.

I hope things continue to progress and continue to go your way.

Old 09-11-2006, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your bear Hoytgirl...... hopefully this spring I will finally get out for bear, or if I get one w/in bow range this fall on my deer stand. Don't worry about it HCH, I hunt that very same kind if land in se MB for deer. I used to think it was pointless to hunt B4 the snow fell, then I learned how to track. I still don't hunt in the rain...... like you said the wild cranberry(pretty sure, among 1 or 2 others)plants that grow in the moss and under the pines is hard to track in, let alone in the rain and the moss isn't any better. Good to here you tried so hard to track it. Next time it will be the 400+ that you after
Old 09-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds like a great hunt!!! Congrats...

Quick Reply: Hoytgirl is Hoyt's pic of the week!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.