HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Opening Day Success... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/155289-opening-day-success.html)

hvyhitter19 09-07-2006 01:48 PM

Opening Day Success...

I am curious how many people have Success on Opening Day of Archery Season... I have never taken a buck on Opening Day... But I really don't hunt any fields or anything... So I think that makes it a little harder in the early season... One thing is for sure... I'll be in my Tree...:D

Any pics of Opening Day Bucks...???

Good Luck, and Be Safe...

fatsbucknut 09-07-2006 01:54 PM

RE: Opening Day Success...

How bout a first day Doe picture? It was on PA gamelands in '05. I didKill a Six pointafew years back on the firstday but I dont have any pictures of it on my computer.

Zach

burniegoeasily 09-07-2006 02:13 PM

Opening day is not real productive for me. Still real hot around here. I have taken a few does on opening day. I always tag two nannys before I pop a buck.

This was opening day last year. Two doe and a hog.

First doe, I had to quarter in the field and get on Ice. It was 98 degrees. This doe was the last. I shot my first about 9:00am and while waiting my standard 30 min. I came across another. I poped her. The hog was taken while going back to my truck so I could pick up the deer. I saw them in the distance and put on a little stalk and poped a medium sized sow. She was great at the bbq.

This guy was taken that evening. He decided to sun under my tree stand.

Rick James 09-07-2006 02:19 PM

I shot my first buck with a bow on opening day. I also have shot quite a few does on opening day as well.

RTA47 09-07-2006 02:23 PM

Opening day is not real productive for me. Still real hot around here. I have taken a few does on opening day. I always tag two nannys before I pop a buck.
Same here.

superstrutter 09-07-2006 02:35 PM

There was one season, back in 1997, I killed a spike on opening day and killed a nine point the next day that scored 106. That is the only buck I have killed on opening day of bow season. I have killed a few does on opening day. Different story with a gun though. The bucks don't move too well early down here. This is why I try to kill two does during early Oct.

Paddles 09-07-2006 03:06 PM

Ihave yet to see a shooter opening day.

dirtpounder 09-07-2006 03:21 PM

In the past I've usually only had one tag so I wouldn't shoot anything opening day unless it was big...to me it sucks when you've been waiting all year for deer season and end it in one day, but I picked up two tags this year so we'll see what happens...

mobow 09-07-2006 03:28 PM

Opening day 2 years ago.....Settled into stand at 4:30.....shot doe at 5:15.....One of the best days, if you can fight the heat.

Ken/WV 09-07-2006 06:29 PM

I've taken a doe a couple times on opening day...but never a buck. Two years ago the first deer to walk by on opening day was a small/decent 6pt but I let him walk. And a year or so before that I saw two really nice bucks on opening day late in the evening but never got the opportunity for a shot. That's the closest I've come to taking a buck on opening day.

Now opening day of rifle season.....that's another story.....[&:]