Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Opening Day Success... >

Opening Day Success...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Opening Day Success...

Old 09-08-2006, 01:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Opening Day Success...

wind walker not saying it isnt but in that first buck looks fake but as i said i dont mean its not
Old 09-08-2006, 01:19 PM

Opening day last year.........set myself up first thing in the morning in a spot I had scouted all summer only to be literally almost shot out of my tree by pheasant hunters. Such is life on public land.

Went to a private farm I have permission at for the afternoon and shot this guy at 6:00pm........dragged him out under one of the brightest full moons I can remember. Weird day.

Old 09-08-2006, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've killed one bear, 2 elk and one Whitetail buck so far on openingday of archeryover the past 10 years.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Shedd33, that reminds me, my bull elk, I shot him opening morning of Wyo's season.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Something does look very strange with windwalkers first buck, hmm. I'm not saying it is fake but the picture just doesn't look quite right.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

wind walker not saying it isnt but in that first buck looks fake but as i said i dont mean its not

My father made a deer hauler type contraption for me out of some piping and a bicycle wheel. The buck is tied to the contraption. That is why the rear end is raised in the air. The thing did not work very well. It was kinda like a wheelbarrow without the tub.

I wheeled my deer over to where my buddy was hunting and he had a doe. We took a photo with the deer and mine still on the homemade deer hauler.

If you look closely, in the grass by the deer's nose, you can see some of the handle for the cart. You can also see where the ropes are around the neck and across the gut before the hindquarter.

This is the same buck just a picture of it where I found it.

Old 09-09-2006, 05:53 AM

On the 1974 New York opener I shot my first buck, at first light, the first day I ever hunted! I thought "this is a piece of cake". Boy, was I mistaken!
Old 09-09-2006, 06:52 AM

Opening day eight years ago shot a real nice eight pointer about ten min. after getting into stand. Was great at first, but at that time ohio was only one tag, buck or doe so I had ruined the rest of my season!
Old 09-09-2006, 11:13 AM
Typical Buck

Shot my PA 6 point within the first 2 hrs of opening day and recovered him within the first 4 hours (waited and hour and a half). Hit him right in front of the sholder angling toward me. penitrated 8 inches and he didnt even make it 15 yards. that was one of the best hunts of my life. heres some pix

Old 09-09-2006, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Although opening day has not been very successful for myself, the first ten days of every season have been. I look forward to October 1-10, just as much as the November rut!

Quick Reply: Opening Day Success...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.