Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Buck Growl / Buck Roar >

Buck Growl / Buck Roar

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Buck Growl / Buck Roar

Old 09-06-2006, 09:29 AM
Typical Buck

Default Buck Growl / Buck Roar

Have any of you seen advertisments for these new calls? I think the Growl is the new call from Primos, the Roar is made by Drury MAD calls. They have been advertising quite a bit on the Outdoor Channel. These guys (especially primos) act like this call is going to be the best thing since sliced bread. For those of you who have not heard, it is a deep long loud uttered grunt, they claim it really brings the bucks in. I'm not sold, has anyone seen them in stores? How much are they? Any other opinions on the new call? Just a money maker in my opinion, of course if it turns out that I hear of enough guys bagging bucks using the call, I'm sure I'll break down and buy one.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:35 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Buck Growl / Buck Roar

I HAVENT SEEN HOW MUCH THEY COST BUT I THINK THEY ARE PUTTING ALOT OF HYPE INTO THEM TO MAKE A FEW SALES. I WILL WAIT TILL I HEAR SOME REGULAR HUNTERS SAY THEY HAD SUCCESS WITH THEM BEFORE I DONATE MY MONEY FOR ONE OF THEM. THEY ARE JUST TRYING TO MAKE A DOLLAR...
Old 09-06-2006, 09:48 AM
Typical Buck

I'm thinking this call would only be effective during the peak of the rut and when there are several mature bucks competing for the does...I'll stick with my grunt tube...
Old 09-06-2006, 10:13 AM
Typical Buck

kenman, i was thinking the same thing. My grunt tube works just fine.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:13 AM

I thinkit's a lot of hype myself. The MAD growl from the drurys costs $19.99.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I watched Primo's last night and the whole show was dedicated to this call. I believe that just like a grunt call it will work good in the right situation but I think that the grunt call will work better in the early and late season. But I will giveWill and the boys credit for saying pretty much thesame thing about the call not working in every situation. They're a class act.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:25 PM
Typical Buck

I want to see if it do actualy work but i think my grunter will work for me
Old 09-06-2006, 09:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nothing but great marketing and more than not, a gimmick. I can reproduce the same sound on several calls I already own and so could many of you if you try. Again, good marketing however in my 24 years of bowhunting, never once heard a buck do it. I will admit to turning a buck around from 250 yards with it last year on my River Valley Deer Flute. At the time, I didn't realize it was a " buck growl"....I just wanted his attention when he didn't respond to my grunts.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:16 PM

I for one purchased the Buck Growl From M.A.D Calls. The footage that I seen from a bowhunter in Illinois on a buck making this sound after the hunter shot a doe was unreal. After the buck made this vocalization it brung in five other bucks. On the DVD that comes with the call Mark Drury calls in two nice bucks using this call. I feel if the conditons are right this call will work and as they say this call should be used in the rut phase. This call also can be used as a grunt call as well. The little bit I have played with it I feel it has a good sound to it whether it be the Growl or the Grunt. I never had any luck with the Primos can for deer, but for fall turkey that is another story.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just bought the buck growl a few weeks ago, sounds pretty cool only cost me $18.00 with instructional/hunting dvd. And actually the Buck Growl is made by M.A.D Calls and the Buck Roar is made by Primos.

Quick Reply: Buck Growl / Buck Roar

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.