Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Buck Growl / Buck Roar >

Buck Growl / Buck Roar

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Buck Growl / Buck Roar

Old 09-07-2006, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Buck Growl / Buck Roar

I'm waiting a year before I get one. I want to make sure it will work.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: SPIKEHORN11

I'm waiting a year before I get one. I want to make sure it will work.
Watch the videos online. They work!
Old 09-07-2006, 09:02 AM
Dominant Buck

You know, I've been hunting deer and killing deer for almost 50 years. My typical year is 50-55 days in a tree. You know how many times I've heard deer grunting and all that? You can count them on a hand. I carry some horns and a grunt tube but REALLY, it's all over hyped. There are people out there making too much noise and attracting too much attention to themselves. I've killed deer with a properly placed grunt or two or the tickle of a rattle box,(ususally used as a deer has past or off line)but comeon, enough is enough already.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:29 AM
Typical Buck

I've been hunting deer for 12 years and I've heard deer grunt or bleat 25-30 times. Grunt calls work, no doubt. The call I have is made by Drury, not sure the name, but it is a grunt if you exhale and a bleat if you inhale, the best call I've heard or tried. No Buck Growl for me, at least not yet.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:03 AM
Fork Horn

Couldnt agree more. Everybodys always hoping there going to come out with some magic call or gimick thats going to call the deer in from miles and a handful at a time. If you setup in the proper location with the right wind direction and thermals, there should be no need for a call other then to stop em for a shot. I to bring a grunt tube in the woods with me, I usually only use it if I see a buck passing by out of range in hopes he might come in.
ORIGINAL: davidmil

You know, I've been hunting deer and killing deer for almost 50 years. My typical year is 50-55 days in a tree. You know how many times I've heard deer grunting and all that? You can count them on a hand. I carry some horns and a grunt tube but REALLY, it's all over hyped. There are people out there making too much noise and attracting too much attention to themselves. I've killed deer with a properly placed grunt or two or the tickle of a rattle box,(ususally used as a deer has past or off line)but comeon, enough is enough already.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:15 AM
Fork Horn

I bought it and its from madd calls and it came with a drury brothers dvd and it cost around $20. Its pretty unique and im looking forward to testing it during the next bow season.

Old 09-07-2006, 08:59 PM

ROAAAARRRRRRR!!!!!

$19.95................thank you..............

LOL

Old 09-09-2006, 03:12 PM

I am going to try it this year. I will say this. I have hunted in northern Mi. for 20 yrs and very seldom heard deer grunts. In 2003 I was very fortunate to gain permission to hunt some very good private land in SE Ohio. After I tagged my buck (My 1st with a bow) I doe hunted. I had a 130" 9 pt chase a young doe and make this very sound. I never heard it before or seen it on any video. I just thought this buck was so jacked up he couldn't grunt right. Well, now I am hearing about it more. I do feel this is a call that has to be used in the rut. It won't work everytime you blow into it but I think it your hunting an area that has alot of bucks it will work.
As far as hearing buck grunts, in any of the past 3 hunting seasons, I have heard more bucks in 1 season then in 20 years in norhern Mi. Then again, in 2004 & 2005in one 4 hr sitting, I seen more bucks then in 20 years " Up North" combined.
Old 09-09-2006, 07:09 PM

Saw them both, heard them both. My fart sounds more like a deer than those calls. Companies will do anything to make a dollar.