Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Fletch tite Platinum >

Fletch tite Platinum

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fletch tite Platinum

Old 09-06-2006, 06:50 AM
Typical Buck

Default Fletch tite Platinum

Iordered some blazer vanes and they should be in in a day or so, but I was curious about my glue. I have fletch tite platinum. I saw in another thread somebody said it wont stick to carbons aswell as goat glue. I shoot beeman ICS hunters, is there anything I need to do to them to prep them otehr than take the old vanes off? I have them looking pretty clean, maybe go over them once more this evening. But what can I do to make the glue stick the best, I dont have wraps or anything... Thanks in advance...
Old 09-06-2006, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fletch tite Platinum

Wipe the shafts with acetone (or rubbing alcohol) to remove oils. I haven't been impressed with Platinum so far. I'm using it on aluminum arrows and I've had lots of my feathers releasing. It seems to bead up. I'm going to try lightly sanding my shafts to see how that works. The original fletchtite never seemed to give me problems.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:30 AM

I am using the Platinum with so-so results. It ahs been better since i started using Acetone on the shafts. I will probably try Goat Tuff or Quantum XT when i use up the Platinum
Old 09-06-2006, 08:53 AM

I use goat tuff! It works great and has preformed well. Some will say use super glue as well to save a few bucks!
Old 09-06-2006, 09:28 AM
Typical Buck

SHOULD I JUST USE SUPER GLUE INSTEAD?
Old 09-06-2006, 09:33 AM
Typical Buck

I had problems with platinum in bonding feathers to aluminum shafts, and got some good advice about cleaning(I use isopropyl) and being careful handling the shafts. Since then, it has worked well.
-fsh
Old 09-06-2006, 09:36 AM
Spike

I'm interested to hear the response you get. I too have decided to put Blazers on my Beman ICS 400s, and 4 of the 6 arrows had at least 1 vane fall off in a matter of a few shots. The other vanes you could easily peel off. My friend put them on, but he re-fletches his arrows every year and does a good job. I'm not sure what glue he used, but I think it was FletchTite. He put wraps on his arrows and his Blazers hold fine. Mine don't have wraps and they all fell off.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Dominant Buck

I havent been impressed with fletchtite platinum either. I have a tube left and am using it. Just do as suggested, wipe off all oil with laquire thinner, denatured alcohol, or acetone. Be careful with acetone, you dont want to use a lot on carbons.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:14 AM
Typical Buck

I am a lil bit discouraged now, should I run to the archery shop and buy some wraps or should I get some super Glue?
Old 09-06-2006, 10:32 AM

i have always used platinum when i shot feathers but i switched to blazers this year and the guy at cabelas recomended the super glue type stuff & it was a jell. it hase worked great on my gold tips. I used the wrong pen about an hour ago and shot through a bail of have and had to pull it though and it didn't tear at all.

Quick Reply: Fletch tite Platinum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.