Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Fletch tite Platinum >

Fletch tite Platinum

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fletch tite Platinum

Old 09-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Fletch tite Platinum

I've had no problems with Fletch Tite Platinum with Blazers and ACC's. I've fletched nearly 2 dozen and yes I've lost a couple Blazers but it's because I shot through a Morrell bag and had to push them back through. No vane/glue holds up to that and yet the Blazers stuck pretty much tearing them. No problem I have a Bitz, more Blazers and more glue. In everyday shooting I've never lost a vane/Blaz.

I gently sand the arrow with very small grit sand paper, lightly, clean with acetone and fletch away. No problems.

Old 09-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

No problem at all with Blazers using Fletchtite Platinum. I use a "scruff" pad lightly on the shafts, wipe down with 91% alcohol, set vane in clamp, use Q-tip to apply alcohol to vane, let dry(takes seconds), then fletch.......absolutely no problems.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:33 AM

Platinum has given me good results on plastic vanes as long as I clean the shafts and am sure that I have good contact between vane & shaft. Sometimes when fletching with a helical clamp, I didn't get good contact in the middle. The ends were perfect, but the middle let go. I've since been pushing the vane base down on the shaft with a stick like Byron Ferguson does in the new Gateway video that he & Chance recently released.

Platinum will work on feathers, but it takes so long. You need to leave them in the clamp for at least 20 minutes. AAE Fastset Gel which is a super glue has given me the best results on feathers.

I don't have the dexterity to use superglue on plastic vanes. It works well but you only have one shot to get it right. A lot of people have used various super glues successfully, but I'm not one of them.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:11 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: killadoe

I am a lil bit discouraged now, should I run to the archery shop and buy some wraps or should I get some super Glue?
If your in a bind you can use super glue but I would go with a bottle of goat tuff. The super glue tendes to get britle after a while, thus leaving you to have to refletch your arrows again. In all reality either glue( platnum or Goat tuff) will work as long as you prep each shaft before fletching. I like the GT better because it seems to set quicker, which cuts down on your fletching time.