Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is land selling for in your Area? >

What is land selling for in your Area?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is land selling for in your Area?

Old 09-06-2006, 07:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: What is land selling for in your Area?

I'll presume that you meant bare ground , the value of which is quite variable here . I've seen a single acre with road frontage and nothing else go for 20K , and 160 acres go for 80K , a lot depends on where it is and how many acres you're buying . Median would be around 1K per acre .
Old 09-06-2006, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Farmground/hunting ground in my area used to sell for around $700-$800 an acre tops no more than 5 years ago. Now, you can't touch a piece of alkaly for less than 1800 an acre. Prices go from 1200-2500 an acre here now, and the land isn't anything special, most of it is just decent farmground that holds tons of pheasants....
Old 09-06-2006, 09:57 AM

Depends, for large tracts 25 acres+ it goes for 3000 to 5500 an acre depending on how much road frontage you have. For little 1 acre -3 arcre parcels for McMansions its from 75000 to 300000 an acredepending on the neighborhood. A nice 1000 acre farm in this area goes for around 5.4 MIL.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

My father and I have a small farm (100 acres) and two years ago the farm between us and the road went up for sale. The man wanted 1200 an acre and my father tried to lowball the guy 800 an acre (against my advice). Needless to say the guy didn't bite and someone else picked it up around 2 months later. Now it wouldsell for around 2000 an acre and we probably won't get another oppurtunity to buy it for several more years if at all, and Idon't even want to think about the price then. So just a word of advice, they ain't making anymore land, if you get an oppurtunity at a reasonable price don't blow it like we did.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am in the process of purcahsing 68 acres, 45 tillable,that is adjacent to my parents' and my farms. Paying about $3500/acre with no realtor invovled. It is a lot, but it is worth it to me. I have nothing against realtors, but the price would have been higher just to cover the realtor fees. Next year's deer season should be awesome!
Old 09-06-2006, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

Why the bad taste RE: realtors?
I don't think there is a bad taste for realtors in general, just the fact that if a realtor is involved, then chances are it is listed land and the chance of getting a below market price isn't there. That's why I said to go offer a farmer some money for a non tillable piece.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:50 PM
Typical Buck

Land where I live sells for about $1 million per acre (no kidding!). Of course, that's residential land in Arlington, VA. We have two parcels of hunting land in Rockingham County, VA.

The first one is 40+ very steep mountain acres that we bought for ~$180K. It's near Criders, VA, really remote, right next to WVA (I could literally shoot my bow into WVA). Wonderful view!

The second parcel is 98+ acres in Fulks Run, VA. Less remote, beautiful mountain forest land with a creek,CRP field imemdiately below it, anda one-lane dirt road through it. Backs up to George Washington National Forest, with no public access points (other than private land like ours) for about 6 miles. Lots of deer and turkey, and the only competition in National Forest is from our neighbors. We're trying to sell that land for $699K.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

5-50k per acre depending on how close you are to a lake or river...

waterfront here is ridiculous..
Old 09-06-2006, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: shed33

waterfront here is ridiculous..
I hear ya, $3000 per one foot of lakefront here on one the lakes near me. So a 100 ft wide lot goes for $300,000. I can't even fathom...
Old 09-06-2006, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Start saving your money. When the interest rates jump back up cash is going to speak volumes. Right now people can afford to finance more than they normally would so they can afford higher priced land. We've got a population bust coming on with the boomers growing old and if interest rates soar, and all these big houses forclose, having cash in hand is going to be able to get you some great deals. Plan now for future buys rather than trying to have it all now at higher costs.

Quick Reply: What is land selling for in your Area?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.