HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Info wanted on (Trophy Ridge) Mantis V-Drive Guide Series sight (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/154942-info-wanted-trophy-ridge-mantis-v-drive-guide-series-sight.html)

goherd1111 09-04-2006 08:32 PM

Info wanted on (Trophy Ridge) Mantis V-Drive Guide Series sight

I am considering buying the new Mantis v-drive Guide series sight. Was wondering if anyone has used this sight and what they think. If you have any info or opinions on this product please let me know. It sounds like it would be pretty versatille since it is a pendulum sight but also has a microadjustable feature for ground hunting. Any info would be apprecitated.

Thanks

goherd1111 09-05-2006 06:59 AM

RE: Info wanted on (Trophy Ridge) Mantis V-Drive Guide Series sight

Anyone have this sight?

Diesel77 09-05-2006 07:41 AM

Yeah I have it and I love it. No complaints, I wouldnt change anything on it. I shoot a regularsight as well on one bow, but I preffer the pendulum sight on my main hunting bow because I only hunt out of stands. People say bend at the waist etc using regular sights, but I just get a little extra confidence when I have a pedulum sight on. Ive never missed a deer using a pendulum sight so thats my reason for using one.

goherd1111 09-05-2006 07:51 AM

Thanks alot Diesel Ibelieve I'm gonna order it. I found a site where I can get it for 100.14 its 149.00 in cabela.

Crazystups 09-05-2006 08:31 AM

I have it and just like Diesel said love it! :)

wiranger 09-05-2006 10:11 PM

I have the hunter version of that sight. Same sight just no camo, and cheaper:)The only thing I can say is that it seems quite loud while in the pendulum mode. I really dont know if that is normal or not, but have just been lockin it in place. Have any of you had any problems with noise on yours. I dont think its from the pendulum hitting the sight itself either, I think its just from added vibration. Any help would be appreciated. Other than that I love the single pin sight, and the v drive works great.

Norseman91070 09-06-2006 02:16 AM

Also wondering about the noise from these sights. I am thinking of getting one as well just not the v-drive model. Any information as to how quiet they are? Or should I just stay with my fixed. Have been wanting to go to a pendulum sight for several years just been nervous to try them due to noise and fear of them freezing up in the wisconsin winters. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Also wondering where you found it so cheap Goherd?

Thanks

Crazystups 09-06-2006 04:36 AM

Mine is quiet when in pendulum mode, however it did require me to put some locktight on the tiny inside screw. From shooting to much it had virbated loose i just tightend it back down and put some locktight on it.

wis_bow_huntr 09-06-2006 05:49 AM

man that is one bad @ss lookin site............."Mom!! Dad wants a new site!!!!!":D

Crazystups 09-06-2006 06:03 AM

:)