Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 first bow, which one >

first bow, which one

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

first bow, which one

Old 09-04-2006, 09:32 AM

Default first bow, which one

i am looking to get into bowhunting. all i've ever done ishunt with rifles.i've never shot a bow but its something im willing to learn how to do. what should i look for in a bow. i dont want to spend like 500dollars on my first one. any suggestions
Old 09-04-2006, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: first bow, which one

goto a shop and tell them your price range...shoot some above it also just to get a feel for the diffrence. dont forget alllll the goodies to go along with a bow though. sights, rest, release, arrows, stabilizer, quiver etc etc etc...my bow was only 350 BARE..just the bow. which is a mid level bow. but by the time i got EVERYTHING added on, plus 2 targets(fieldpoint and broadhead) i spent about 700$...and am already going to upgrade sights and rest by next season. and i bought a "ready to hunt package" from Huntersfriend and saved a goooood bit of cash. atleast 100$ or so saved...my sights and rest are mid level also..and work great...just looking to upgrade already...ALOT of choices to make....i could bought a cheaper bow..but im glad i didnt. i learned to shoot good QUICK. a cheaper bow would held me down. i dont think a cheaper bow would feel as good, or shoot as good as what im shooting now.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:09 AM

Check out the Reflex line. They have several for under 400, and they are awesome bows indeed.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:25 AM

Although you need to go to the archery shop and shoot a bunch, I would recommend you try shooting PSE. They are very affordable bows for first time hunters. Good Luck!