Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Your take on this deer >

Your take on this deer

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your take on this deer

Old 09-03-2006, 09:16 AM

Default RE: Your take on this deer

idtake him out and get the bad genes deleted so dont see about 5-10 of those in the next few years lol
Old 09-03-2006, 09:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

I don't believe you have bad genes, bad genes would be a 3.5 year old that has nothing more than a small rack, a 1.5 year old spike doesn't mean bad genes, it could be nutrition and obvious age. A spike can become a booner if given the opportunity to age.

James Vee, I couldn't agree more and I'm suprised at some of the replies here, it's old school talk.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:01 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: Windwalker7

Perhaps the second picture is the first guy's son?
Probably his younger brother. Unless you want that deer, let him go.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope so Rob...I just thought it weird that have 2 deer that are similiar ya know....we have some nice deer there, tha is why I was wondering...not typical for our 2 yr olds. Thanks for the reply.

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I don't believe you have bad genes, bad genes would be a 3.5 year old that has nothing more than a small rack, a 1.5 year old spike doesn't mean bad genes, it could be nutrition and obvious age. A spike can become a booner if given the opportunity to age.

James Vee, I couldn't agree more and I'm suprised at some of the replies here, it's old school talk.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:12 AM
Typical Buck

They don't look to be more than 1 1/2 or yearling. If you have a good buck/doe ratio, with alot of bigger bucks, he prolly wont get to breed much if any at all.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those spikes are only 1.5 year old deer, not the same one. A lot of first year bucks are only spikes. If you shoot them all don't start complaining that you have no older bucks because you'll get no sympathy here.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with James. I would need more proof that it is the same deer. I had two twin 4 pointers behind my house last year and I swear I saw one of them the other morning with the same rack. That same night I saw two twin 8 pointers and the four pointer was with them. I did see quit a few spikes last year, so I m going to say that at least one of the spikes grew into a four pointer this year. Good deer for a young hunter, but who knows what they will look like in two years.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:21 PM

Those are just 1 1/2 year old deer. Let them grow and you will be surprised what they will develop into.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know they are different deer. Just not sure why they were so similiar, with a messed up side and spike on the other. Especially since we take 120+ deer from there each year...it was a new trait I was seeing and wasn't sure why. THanks for the reply.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:38 AM

He is a little young rat that wouldn't get more than 2 seconds of my time

Quick Reply: Your take on this deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.