Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Opinions please

Old 09-03-2006, 03:25 PM

Default RE: Opinions please

Why should I respect this guy or his spot on that land?
You should not.
If this guy is poaching deer and the DNR won't/can't do anyting about it, have the local sheriff's dept. there when he comes out of the woods. If a deputy see's he is in violation, then he can radio for a DNR officer to come there right then.

But then this guys is pretty much going to know who has turned him in so be ready for some childish BS to get started.
Old 09-03-2006, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya know man don't let this guy bring you down! Any where you go there are going to be people like him. Remain the sportsman you are keep away from his area like you have as statis que. Just like you have been doing. If you get the state boys down there they just might start hasseling you too. You know how Law enforcement looks at the regular citizens we are all criminals they just haven't caught us yet they are the only ones allowed to break the law and get away with it. You know I'm right with this. I know it sucks to have this in your face but you don't want the land owner to know there is any contraversy as he may just say the heck with it and put you all off. Private land rights are something to be real protective of these days so be real careful. Thats just my 2 cents mand take it for what its worth
Old 09-03-2006, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd probably go the route of making his area a place deer avoid.

Yeah, cheap aftershave, cheap perfume,coyote piss, etc...

Let's face it, the guy's an idiot and deserves it.

Old 09-03-2006, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

as i have said earlier air freseners scare deer away
Old 09-03-2006, 08:00 PM

Poachers make me sick! If you can catch him doing it,turn him in. Listen for shots,every time he shootsgo over and make sure that helegally tags every deer. If he knows that you willinvestigate every shot he will be forced to do it legal or face the law.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know the DNR here in Wisconsin have been known to stake out hunting sites that have suspected violators. Talk to them again and bust his A$$!!
Old 09-03-2006, 08:46 PM

I agree with one of the earlier posts. Don't waste productive time. It's precious time that really shouldn't be wasted. But, If you dip or chew save your spit in dasani/ aquafina / pop bottles...with a screw on cap of course.

Slip over to his area and pour it around his stand, possible shooting lanes, and of course as the rut nears, pour it in every danged scrape you find in his area. It'll make a scrape go cold pronto. I know this from experience as I had a couple individuals that had stands on a piece of property I was bowhuntin a couple years ago.

Their stands were set up near several different scrapes. They killed nothing. I scored on a nice 135" buck the following week. I moved my stand sets to an area not 1000 yds from theirs. I was in the money, they scratched their heads knowing I had only a few weeks to hunt and they lived local to the property I had permission on. BTW they had no permission. The land owner still has their stands and steps in his barn.

I hear that moth ball work wonders as well.

I know it's frustrating to deal with. You're better off to look past the situation. However, should you possibly get the urge to retaliate and waste some time like I did, lay the tobacco juice on thick and heavy! LOL
Old 09-03-2006, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator

Ny, you and a buddy only bowhunt the property and the other guy only gun hunts it. Bowhunt where you want then remove your stands that are near him just before gun season.........not out of respect but to make sure he doesn't steal or "mess" with them.

Some advice. Don't feel bad about hunting there because he has been there longer. For the last few years I've had to share some favorite areas with hunters who recently gained permission and NOT one of them ever respected where I hunted or where my stands were placed. I even have an agreement with a guy and neither of us care for each other...........whereas if I am in a certain spot first, he goes somewhere else and vice versa. Early bird gets the worm for that day so to speak!
Old 09-03-2006, 10:57 PM
Typical Buck

There's only one thing to do man. You have to sabotage his spot. The cologne idea is great. Just take a walk thru there every now and then. It could even put his deer on you.
Look at the big picture. You turn him in, they harrass the landowner also. Before you know it, the landowner spooks out and boots both of you off the land and posts it. Then you screwed yourself.

God will handle him. He'll run into bad luck sooner or later. Stick with the plan, hunt away from him, and good luck.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:13 PM
Fork Horn

i would talk to the land owner, and try the authorities again. if nothing happens get yourself a buddy who needs to rifle hunt set-up near him and video him shooting deer or dragging them out and show it to the game commision they cant ignore that. i know a few guys near me who kill a ton of deer everyyear from there car ,out season, more then they have tags for, and alot just to shoot and leave there. they got busted last year shooting a bucj while spotting and two days latter i see their truck right back in the area parked and they were hunting again. i got them on my trail cam before season started walking in camo with a rifle, finger on the trigger and looking ahead for deer. but they always seem to get away with it other then that one time. i plan on calling the game commission everytime i see them doing something wrong, i used to look the other way but when my treestands got stolen and then i found them in there hunting spots thats was all over. keep at it i personally feel its worth my time to get idiots like that out of the woods and help people who follow the rules have a better hunting area.

Quick Reply: Opinions please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.