Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Analyze my hunting land >

Analyze my hunting land

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Analyze my hunting land

Old 09-01-2006, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Analyze my hunting land

Where in MN is this? When is farmer Bob going to harvest his corn. I hunt 1 farm, the owner chops his corn and feeds it out early. Keep this in mind. Your food source may be gone in a few weeks.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your stands look pretty good but keep in mind the corn and a lot of you stands being near the fields. It might not hurt to put a stand on the leftside where you have the woods meeting the old swamp, think transition zones ecspecially when the rut picks up. that trail running between those 2 swamps might be an excellent ambush also. That left side swamp also seems to form a bottleneck with the strip of woods on the far left between that clearing and again at the top of the swamp and the other field/clearing. A lot of things are really determined byhow you manage yourwind and your entry and exit options but that's my 2 cents. Nice maps and good luck.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

If the prevailing winds are the direction of the red arrow I would consider additional stands where I have marked the violet boxes. This assumes the deer are not bedding in the cornfields but rather in the NW corner of the property or NE on the neighbors property.

Old 09-01-2006, 07:28 AM

in between the swamp and the field alond that rub line is where you would find me.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:35 AM
Spike

what map service do you use? those are some awesome looking maps
Old 09-01-2006, 07:48 AM
Typical Buck

okodaka,
If I'm not mistaken, it looks like yahoo maps beta.
http://maps.yahoo.com/beta/index.php#
enter your location in the upperleft corner. Once you have the location you want, click on the satellite link of map to show your photo.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

I would take every thing in that has been said. Than I would place a stand in the middle of the feild,as tall as I could get and look at what kame out where.Than do it in the small field in the north east corner.Than in betwen the swamp and the opening on the north west.

There will be deer come out all over this nice peace of land.Any where you put a stand you will see deer.But if you want a chance at a nice buck you need to find out where he is living.He may be on the naabers land just comeing to eat you hunting spot. Or he may live there and leaving every night.You need to get as high as you can with good binos or spoting scope FIND THE BIG BOY.Let him tell you where to put your stand.

NOW seeing That you are hunting in the bow contest go to your stand with a beeting tin cans and yelling HERE DEER.

Charles
Old 09-01-2006, 08:26 AM
Spike

thanx ron!
Old 09-01-2006, 11:07 AM
BDC
Fork Horn

I can find my hunting locations on yahoo maps. How do you add the boxes and lines to your map? Thats pretty cool.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:32 PM
Spike

For all you MN hunters, here is an awesome link for some arial photos.
http://www.lmic.state.mn.us/chouse/naip03mrsid.html

The farmer never picks his corn before the last week of october on this piece of land. Thanks for all your advice.

Quick Reply: Analyze my hunting land

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.