HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Crazy deer encounter. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/154407-crazy-deer-encounter.html)

GregH 08-31-2006 03:26 PM

Crazy deer encounter.

I went out looking for deer last night and went to the corner of an alfalfa field. The wind was blowing across it diagonally into my face. A doe came out directly across from me about 150 yds away. When she was about 80 yds from me, I decided to take her picture. While I was trying to focus the camera, I heard grunting. I pulled the camera down and saw the doe loping toward me, grunting all the way. She grunted 7 times. I've only heard does grunt a hand full of times, but its usually later in the season. Anyway, She stops 15 feet away and I take her pic. While I'm waiting for the camera to get ready for the next pic, she bolts right past me at 7 feet. We were eyeball to eyeball! I was on the ground behind weeds and under a bush. She stopped on the other side of the fence line and came back to check me out! It was quite the rush. I don't even want the deer to know I'm there and this happens. [:-]Check out the pics.

When she stopped in front of me... looks like a 1 1/2.

When she came back to check me out.

MASTERDIVER 08-31-2006 03:34 PM

RE: Crazy deer encounter.

MMMMMMM BACKSTRAPS!!!!!!!!!!

vc1111 08-31-2006 03:35 PM

Looks like she was close enough that you could have fed her cookies.:D

cardeer 08-31-2006 04:44 PM

Neat

MOTOWNHONKEY 08-31-2006 06:25 PM

Thats cool Greg, you have demanded it once again.

Rob/PA Bowyer 08-31-2006 06:48 PM

Awesome greg, you have to love encounters like that...

Higgy15jh 08-31-2006 08:19 PM

I was turkey hunting one time and had a doe get about 5 yards from me..I was just settin up agianst a tree..and me never havin this happen to me before.. i couldnt help but laugh while she was bobin that head..lol i bustedlaughin along with my older brother and she took off.. but it does get that aderniline pumpin

Might Mite 09-01-2006 04:28 AM

Awesome...I have only heard a doe grunt one time...must have been a neat encounter

nutter 09-01-2006 06:01 AM

I had an encouter like that...me and my dad were turkey hunting with our decoys out on a hill side. A doe walked just about 7 feet from us and couldnt make out what we were in our camo.

Vogt_51 09-01-2006 06:58 AM

ORIGINAL: GregH

We were eyeball to eyeball!
"The man in the black pajamas, dude."

-Sorry, just had to get my Lebowski quote in, cool story though!