Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Brace yourself for a really stupid question! >

Brace yourself for a really stupid question!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Brace yourself for a really stupid question!

Old 08-30-2006, 12:35 PM

Default Brace yourself for a really stupid question!

When putting arrows with broadheads in my quiver should I first remove the foam insert in the quiver or bury the broadhead into the foam? How about when I'm using field points...pokea hole for the tip to slide in?

I'll bet you were thinking about telling me "no question is stupid" when you read the topic title and then decided to keep your thoughts to yourself when you read the question, huh?
Old 08-30-2006, 12:38 PM

Default RE: Brace yourself for a really stupid question!

Leave the foam in.

Kindest Regards,

-Will in Maryland
Old 08-30-2006, 12:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

That there foam is to secure your broadheads and or field points.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'll bet you were thinking about telling me "no question is stupid" when you read the topic title and then decided to keep your thoughts to yourself when you read the question, huh?
I have always been told there are no stupid questions, only stupid people. Just kidding.

Leave the foam in for field tips and broadheads alike. Push them both into the same hole.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:49 PM

Thanks guys, that's what I thought. The reason I asked is because it seems like the foam would dull the broadheads.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Dipsnort, you are actually correct....air alone/more specifically oxygen will dull your broadheads over time, repeatitive in and out of the foam can dull broadheads...take an old one and create the slits/holes for your broadhead to eliminate foam to edge contact...see, perhaps in your "stupid" question, you even may bring some education....lol
Old 08-30-2006, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

That foam will dull the blades. That's why I only stick the tip of the broadhead into it. With the Alpine quiver there are two arrow grippers so the arrow isn't going anyplace. The only reason I see to keep the foam at all is to make that stupid piece of plastic hood more quiet. Wish they'd make them from a hard rubber.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:02 PM

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

That foam will dull the blades. That's why I only stick the tip of the broadhead into it. With the Alpine quiver there are two arrow grippers so the arrow isn't going anyplace. The only reason I see to keep the foam at all is to make that stupid piece of plastic hood more quiet. Wish they'd make them from a hard rubber.
sounds like a million dollar idea
Old 08-30-2006, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

I have a Mathews quiver and they provide two different foam inserts. One for broadheads and one for field points. If you didn't have something in there to hold the arrows in tight they would rattle around in the hood of the quiver.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:12 PM

I also have an Alpine quiver, and yes, the arrows are very secure in place with the two arrow grippers. Seems like a good idea to bury the blades in foam anyway to avoid "accidents" of various types with those exposed blades,and to avoid the possibility of damaging/dulling blades on vegetation while walking though the forest.

Quick Reply: Brace yourself for a really stupid question!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.