Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Muzzys and Field Points -- Help! >

Muzzys and Field Points -- Help!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Muzzys and Field Points -- Help!

Old 08-29-2006, 06:48 PM

Default Muzzys and Field Points -- Help!

So I always have this problem with Muzzys. I can never get them to hit right with my field points. Since I haven't been working because of the car accident, I wasn't able to switch heads this year like I had planned.

This is at slightly less than 20 yards (roughly 18 paces) and its as close as I can get these Muzzys to hit with my field points.

What would you folks suggest doing to get them to hit closer? Move my rest? Which direction?

The help is definitely appreciated, as always.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:57 PM

Default RE: Muzzys and Field Points -- Help!

WH, I had the same problem last year but now that my bow fits me and I got my arrows cut down to the proper size, my Muzzys (3 blade, 100 grain) are flying just as good as my field tips.

Of the three arrows sticking into your target, are the heads mixed or are they all Muzzys? Supposing they're mixed, is that a field tip in the bulls eye and are the other two Muzzys?
Old 08-29-2006, 07:01 PM
Spike

which arrow is which ? you should be able to go to easton archery and look at the tuning tips to get them flying together. i shoot 100 grain muzzy 3 blades and mx4's and they group right with my field tips. i also think there was a link on here a few days ago concerning this same problem. something about broadheads was the topic.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

In my 10 plus years of shooting Muzzys I never once was concerned with them flying with my field points. My Muzzys through all my different bows hit an inch or so left and an inch or so right. More importantly is that every arrow tipped with a broadhead did this meaning they were grouping as tight as my field tips, just not with them....I simply adjusted the sight to zero them.

Old 08-29-2006, 07:18 PM

I should have mentioned it in my earlier post; the two on the right are field points, the one on the left is a muzzy.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:43 PM
Typical Buck

Ive been shooting muzzys for a while and they seemto not hit where my fieldpoints do BUT the group very well like Rob said move your sight and hopefully it will fix the problem
Old 08-29-2006, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

never had luck with them...this year I bought a pack of Stingers. Screwed them on..hit three in a row in the bull and I was sold. They are dead on. BTW, that was not a bad group, but like I said...never had luck with the Muzzys flying.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

Wash, I think this is a common misconception that broadheads should always impact in the same spot as field points. Many times a bow needs to be fine tuned to the broadheads. If they are hitting left, but grouping and flying well, adjust your sights as Rob said. But if they seem to be flying a little erratic then the bow must be retuned using the broadheads.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good point, you can do that. I never liked shooting all summer and then having to move my sight. The Stingers allow me to keep my sights where they are and just shoot regardless. Just my pet peeve, but yeah, if they are hitting well just move it and have at it.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Many times a bow needs to be fine tuned to the broadheads.
Exactly.

Quick Reply: Muzzys and Field Points -- Help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.