Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Muzzys and Field Points -- Help! >

Muzzys and Field Points -- Help!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Muzzys and Field Points -- Help!

Old 08-29-2006, 09:06 PM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: Muzzys and Field Points -- Help!

FOCs are not the same for the broadheads and the field points. They should not hit exactly the same. With a great amount of effort you can get them reasonably close, but why? If your BHs are flying straight and grouping tight, sight in with BHs. For right handed people it is normal to be low left with BHs. Mine is usually 2" low left @ 20 yds amd 4" low left @40 yds.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Might Mite

Good point, you can do that. I never liked shooting all summer and then having to move my sight. The Stingers allow me to keep my sights where they are and just shoot regardless. Just my pet peeve, but yeah, if they are hitting well just move it and have at it.
I'm the same way. I hate shooting my field points and having them driving tacks only to have to move my sights to adjust for my broadheads. I like to be able to shoot field points during season too to keep my shoulder in shape.

I guess I'll see if I can't get them to group with my field points better and if I can't I'll just move everything so the broadheads group well.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:11 PM
Site Buck Guru

Or buy another sight just for broadheads.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm tellin ya...with the Stingers...I am EXACTLY the same...never thought it would be, but I am happy... out to 40.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:47 PM

Stingers are what I had planned on shooting this season. Doctor seems to think I'll be released from Physical Therapy by the end of this week, so I might be back to work in time to buy a half dozen for late archery.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

My Muzzys and field points have always grouped the same, that is untill this year with my new Alegence. I'm left handed and the Muzzys grouped tight but 4" to the right and 1" high at 25 yards. Since they grouped tight I just adjusted the sights and shot through paper again to make sure the arrow flight wasn't effected by the broadhead.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I woudlnt worry too much about that group but if you wish go ahead and move your sight to the left a bit, not much though, now when you shoot, your fp's will be about the same distance to the right and your bh's will be dead on. I never had any problems with my muzzys shooting like field points, untill this year when I got some new arrows now all my broad heads are shooting to the right about an inch, im simply going to adjust my sight to accomdate. After I try my new sonics i just got from my buddy at work, he had 4 and i should be getting one in the mail. so ill have 5.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:59 AM

Just move your sights and zero the BH, Then try your FP I'll bet they will be very close. Seems like I had the same thing happen. Just sight in the BH. FP dont need as much correction downrange. I think you'll be happy.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:12 AM
Spike

Move your rest slightly to the left and it should even out nicely. Only move it in VERY small increments. Your vertical allignment looks good, I think the center shot is off just a little. Move back 20 yards and those bh's will be even farther left. Move the rest left in 1/8 inch increments and you will be grouping with the field tips in no time.