Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stolen trail cam

Old 08-30-2006, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stolen trail cam

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

The way I see it is in the end these thieves will all end up in a special part of hell.
It will be a great place to hunt , plenty of huge bucks , large tracks of land and only them all alone in a beautiful oak tree loaded with acorns.Everymorning the sun arises tofind the looser sitting in his stolen tree stand with a perfect breeze blowing in his face ,when the buck of a life time shows up feeding down the well worn trail leading right past our friend the buck master.As this great buck quarters away the smucksucker slowly draws his bow ,with a shot he has made over & over in his mind he gently touches the release only to watch his arrow pass harmlessly under the bucks belly.With a quick snort the buck of a life time disapears back to his haunt.

Just untill tomarrow when this will happen as it will forever!!!!!!!!!

Happy hunting Jim
OMG!!! I think I was in hell 3 years ago and didnt even know it!!!! Same damn thing happened to me, shot under the trophy of my lifetime.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

I seem to go there every year

Old 08-30-2006, 11:18 AM
Fork Horn

here is a pic of a nice homemade camera box..
Old 08-30-2006, 11:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Wis...

I'm not speaking in conjecture or "guessing". I'm telling you exactly what happened. the shop owner was charged.....when the person breaking into his store was bitten and killed by the snakes.

It may not sound "right".....but it's what happened.

Jeff
Old 08-30-2006, 02:14 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

ORIGINAL: kevin1

Interesting idea Bwanajim , and probably illegal as hell , man traping usually is and it gives the jerk perfect grounds for a lawsuit .

If you want to keep your trailcams invest in a bear guard for them , if your particular mfr doesn't sell them they're pretty simple to fabricate .
Actually im not sure if thats illegal or not, for one hes tresspassing, there for you are not responsible for any injuries that may occour while he/she is illegally on your land. Therefore any judge in his right mind would dismiss the charges against you and favor you in the case. The theif would be charged with Tresspassing, theft of private property and possibly damage to private property. I know in Wi if someone accesses private land with out permission of the owner and causes any type of damage, this includes rutting of fields, the cutting of trees, cutting fences etc, he or she will be charged with felony destruction of private property and face up to 5 years in jail and pay for any damages or return, or pay for stolen property.
In most states the property owner can be held liable for the injuries of others when they occur on his land , even if the other person is trespassing . There are an untold number of court cases involving slip and fall injuries that occurred on sidewalks in front of people's houses , and the one who fell usually wins . In the scenario Bwanajim described he would have set out to intentionally harm the thief , which is illegal in every state . Yes , the thief could sue , even though he was trespassing and intended to commit a crime because the landowner set a trap with intent to cause injury , a malicious act . You might as well dig a pit in front of the cam and line the bottom with dog log encrusted pungi sticks , you're still gonna lose . A better course of action would be to put out a fake trailcam with a real one that is flashless nearby to take a shot of the thief when he returns . Thieves aren't very bright , and they know you'll set out another camera , so they will probably return and try to nail you again . If they can't detect the hidden cam , or reach it if they see it , you've got them by the shorties with no harm done . Yet ...
Old 08-30-2006, 02:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like the pit idea , punji stix covered snail sh!t. just fill in the hole and problem solved.

Who says its illegal to use trail cams as sucker bait?

Old 08-30-2006, 06:42 PM

how 'bout making a dead fall pit right in front of the camera then you could meet the bastard face to face Or face to foot? lots of work but it would be worth it. I also think i would probaly have a sudden urge to pee once I found that dude in the pit.........well when you gotta go, ya gotta go
Old 08-30-2006, 08:56 PM

Bad deal hope you get it back. Makes me think I should be locking mine!!