Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 have Illinois tag will travel. >

have Illinois tag will travel.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

have Illinois tag will travel.

Old 08-28-2006, 08:46 PM
Spike

Default have Illinois tag will travel.

Finally got my tags in from Illinois. If you thought I was pumped before I am about to crawl out of my skin. I have been drooling over all of your guys nice cam pics and practicing everyday getting ready for my trip.Its not that i don't hunt here at home, actually I hunt alot. Its just not everyday i get a chance to hunt some real bruisers. I have been treating myself every year for the last few years to a trip so i am almost all set. Can anyone tell me what the hunting scene in Illinois around the 3rd week of octobers is? thanks for letting me share my excitment!!!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2006, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: have Illinois tag will travel.

Me too! I'm going down the last week of October for a 5 day bowhunt. I can't wait to see some racks for a change.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hate to break it to you but all of the big bucks in Illinois were killed last year!!! Good luck on your trips here this year!
Old 08-28-2006, 09:42 PM

The rut starts somewhere around Nov. 9th and runs through the 22nd or so.

Those dates are just approximate.

I would gear up for a pre-rut hunt but don't be surprised, some does might come into a little early.

The deer shouldn't be pressured too much unless you are hunting public land with a lot of bowhunters.

The deer definately get pressured during gun season but you guys are hunting early enough to avoid gun season issues. (You can't bowhunt during shotgun season in IL)

I am sure more knowledgable IL hunters could give you more info.

Good luck and when you finally arrive,welcome to IL.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:49 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Wow did I ever beat the clock. Posted on the IL DNR website, residents who move out of state will no longer be able to buy deer & turkey tags at resident prices. I moved to IL 4 months ago and applied for my LL after 40 days. They are still processing my application but my card will be dated the day it arrived in Springfield. In short, I fall under the old regulations.......just barely. Haven't yet received my LL, but will, because I am legit. Still being reviewed by law enforcement though. Looking forward to this fall.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: titleist_03
Hate to break it to you but all of the big bucks in Illinois were killed last year!!! Good luck on your trips here this year!
That's okay - even a small Illinois buck is bigger than anything I'd see in Michigan!
Old 08-28-2006, 10:07 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Bols
(You can't bowhunt during shotgun season in IL)
Except in 3 1/2 countys. Lake, Cook, DuPage, and part of Kane.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:37 AM

You got me there, but then again, I don't find myself hunting in those counties.

So for about 96.7% of the state, you can't bowhunt during shotgun season.

Old 08-29-2006, 02:33 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Bols

You got me there, but then again, I don't find myself hunting in those counties.

So for about 96.7% of the state, you can't bowhunt during shotgun season.

There are also a few FWA's that don't allow shotgun hunting, but you can bowhunt them during gun season. Still have to wear orange and all though.

Good luck when you get here guys. My brother got his tags this week too. He's flying out today for a week of setting up stands and scouting. Hell be here to hunt during the rut though. Nov. 9
Old 08-29-2006, 05:50 AM

I am still waiting on my tag. I got a 7 day hunt in Barry Ill. If anyone knows anything about it I would love to hear about it. I know it is in Pike County but first hand knowledge is always better. Thanks a bunch.

Quick Reply: have Illinois tag will travel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.