Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fixed Pin Sight

Old 08-28-2006, 06:33 PM

Default Fixed Pin Sight

Im looking to replace an older Sniper model single pin sight I have on one of my set-ups and was hoping to get some feedback on what everyone is shooting. Im looking to replace the single with at least a 3 pin sight. Price is not an issue, quality is. Thanks for the input.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:34 PM

Default RE: Fixed Pin Sight

You gotta check out the Cobra Sidewinder series. Very, very nice sights. Lots of good ones out though.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Snook when I was thinking about a new bow this year, back in February I was researching sights. I wanted the best sight available without looking at prices. I went to the Eastern Sports show at Harrisburg to put my hands on some sights. I looked over about every manuf I could find there and also through the catalogs ie Cabelas/Bass Pro and the internet. Mind you I haven't even decided on a bow yet....I found what I feel is the ultimate sight. The Viper Predator Pro-MT...I ordered it the next day even though the sight wasn't in production back in Feb....I waited 4 months for the sight meanwhile I tested bows and decided on the Allegiance.

Here is my review link on the sight followed by the actual websight. I'm not sure the website is up to date to show the PRO-MT...(MicroTune)

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1577393&mpage=1

http://www.viperarcheryproducts.com

Old 08-28-2006, 06:52 PM

Fellas - thanks for your replies. I have been doing the same thing as you, Rob. Looking at every catalog, website, going to shops, etc. I just have not been able to decide on the right sight. I have not researched the model you have mentioned, so I will definitely take a look. I appreciate your honest opinion, and I will look into that model.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

I went though the same process this year and I went with a trophyridge and couldn't be happier. I wasn't sure of the inline pins until I shot them on a 3d range. I'll never go back. If I was to make one comment about them they could be a little brighter, but I think they have addressed this in the brand new models
Old 08-29-2006, 11:58 AM

I had a friend that bought an extreme archery sight and he liked it. After seeing how bright it was compared to my old sight I decided to get one. I asked on here about the sight and got positive feed back. I bought the sight and the purple light that comes as an accessory. I couldn't be happier and I love this sight so far. Here are some pictures of the sight with and w/o the light. The pics dont do it justice b/c the pins are bright w/o the light, but this will give you an idea of how much the light helps. Good luck finding a new sight.

Old 08-29-2006, 12:08 PM

I was shooting a Copper John Dead Nuts 5 pin before my bow was stolen. Seemed like a pretty good sight. Retails at Cabelas for $89.99 but you can get it cheaper without camo
Old 08-29-2006, 12:58 PM
Typical Buck

I would highly suggest a sight from HHA. They have single pin adjustable sight as well as the 3 pin sights. They have the best customer service I have ever seen. They make a real good sight also.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Are you looking for a gadget sight or just a good tough sight? PM me if you want to look at a great hunting sight.

Thanks Jim
Old 08-29-2006, 07:32 PM

I just recently bought some vertical pin sights.. Trophy Ridge Micro MAtrix V-drive...it is 3 pins and also can be adjusted up and down with a simple twist of aknobfor the long shots... I like mine and plus there on sale for 79.99 from 139.99.. pretty good deal i thought.. CABELAS

[/align]