Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Hunt all day without ("the hell with lunch!")
4.83%
Hunt all day, but take a snack
37.93%
Eat a full lunch out in the woods
21.38%
Head back to the truck or camp for lunch
34.48%
Wait until you kill lunch
1.38%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Lunch

Old 08-29-2006, 04:39 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Lunch

Trail mix...
Old 08-29-2006, 05:56 AM

i tend to get the munchies when i am bored on stand so i usually take a bag of trail mix and jerky. I can munch on it through out the day without too much hassle and without making much noise or disturbance
Old 08-29-2006, 05:59 AM
Spike

I usually head back in the middle of the day fora big lunch, especially during gun season. I still keep a snack and water with me. Usually 2 chocolate chip Clif bars, sunflower seeds, and water.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Warmer weather I take along some granola bars , colder weather I pack a couple of PB&Js , cookies , and apples to keep up my body heat .
Old 08-29-2006, 08:32 AM

I have a camelback backpack. I fill it full of water so that's a good 80oz. I usually bring a Snickers power bar and 2 PB&J sandwiches. It doesn't take up a lot of room and I'm good for all day. I haven't seen any deer spooked by the smell of PB&J. I actually ate a sandwhich while watching a doe walk by my stand.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:17 PM
Typical Buck

Thats part of the hunt for me, gettng back to the truck, eating, or go to town to get a burger...its in the package for me. 4 hours is max i can sit in a tree stand...so its not really a choice for me!
Old 08-29-2006, 01:50 PM
Typical Buck

This will actually be my first deer season in a stand all day. During turkey season this spring, I brought some jerky, trail mix and waterwith me and I sat there from morning until night. I did get up and stretch in the blind and I suspect I would stand up on my stand occasionally just to keep the blood pumping. I even had a few does walk up to my blind those days. I am hoping that it will be the same during deer season.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:22 PM
Typical Buck

Sometimes I sit on the stand all day, sometimes I take a break around mid-day, depending on the weather. The deer where I hunt in Virginia don’t move much during the day except when it’s fairly cold. If I stay in all day, I usually take a snack (trail mix and/or an apple) and a sandwich, generally peanut butter and banana or PBJ, if I don’t have any good bananas. I think the PB & banana is very energizing late in the day. Also, I figure that deer would not spook at the smell of peanuts or bananas and might actually find the smell of peanuts or apples interesting.

Old 08-29-2006, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Once it hits november 1st, as long as the weather is decent, I will stay out all day. If it gets too hot, storms, or if the hunting has just plain been slow ill go in for lunch.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to try to take my lunch in but its gone by 9 and I'm starving like Marvin by 12 so I just go out and get lunch and am trying to keep the weight down this year.

Quick Reply: Lunch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.