Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Hunt all day without ("the hell with lunch!")
4.83%
Hunt all day, but take a snack
37.93%
Eat a full lunch out in the woods
21.38%
Head back to the truck or camp for lunch
34.48%
Wait until you kill lunch
1.38%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Lunch

Old 08-28-2006, 06:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Lunch

ORIGINAL: flyfishpj

To tell ya'll the truth, I never get hungry when in the field. Just to concentrated.
Too concentrated... Not to be confused withMOTOWNHONKEY who gets too constipated.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Early in the season I hunt the morning then go visit my buddy who is a taxidermist. He lives just 3 miles from where I hunt. Got to get a little inspiration. He mounts 300 plus deer a year, and some whoppers too, always something to OOOOO & AAAAAAAHHHHH over there.We swap sightings and stories for a while. Then I head back out for the afternoon sit. When the chasing starts I'll take something along to eat and stay all day. Might move if conditions change but in the woods all day. Late in the season Hunt mornings and afternoons again.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:01 PM

I never go in the woods with out some kind of snack or candy in my pack. My belly can get pretty loud when it's empty!!
Old 08-28-2006, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I usually make a sandwich or at least take a snack, but usually never eat til im done.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Many moons ago I went on a week long hunting trip w/ 3 friends and a very tight budget. I grabbed some CDN rat packs from my brother-in-law that were marked good for another 2yrs........ they were all rotten! Not being one to ask or beg for food I went w/out for the most part...... water and maybe 3meals(not even square) for 6days[&:]. The body starts to fall apart.
Now I eat something in the morning B4 I hit my stand, head back to my tent camp for a solid lunch, I then head to my water hole stand for the afternoon, back to camp for a snack, back to the woods again in a different stand for the evening........ and then its back to camp for a real feast. Meat, potatoes, veggies, bread and beer.Snacks to follow.
Fresh air and long days....... eat healthy.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I picked what I usually do. Not what I should do, or what the best hunter would do.

I usually head out of the woods to eat.

While I'm doing that, supposedly the miserable guys on stand all day with nothing to eat are "shooting" my big bucks.

Maybe...but at least I'm not hungry anymore.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:14 PM

Dang it now I'm hungry!
Old 08-28-2006, 08:15 PM

I've been known to take food along on morning turkey hunts. Can't do that with deer, they smell the food...[8D]
Old 08-28-2006, 08:39 PM
Fork Horn

Normally, I usually take a sandwich and nature valley honey & oats or trail mix along with a bottle of water so I can stay in the woods all day.

My hunting buddy hunt within 2 miles of each other and turn on the two ways around high noon to see if either one needs help getting a downed deer out of the woods or if we need to go back to the farm house if nature calls.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:29 PM

man i dont know how all of yall can do that i get so frustrated sittind down for hours i think the longest nive prob..ever stayed in a blind or stand is about 4 hrs tops but i guees where al of yall hunt yall prob.see lots and lots ofm deer but where i hunt we see very few deer do to acreage we only have 25 acres

Quick Reply: Lunch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.