Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

shooting left

Old 08-27-2006, 02:28 PM

Default shooting left

I recently purchased a Reflex Excursion. After shooting an older bow for quite some time, I decided I was long over due for a new bow and this one was in my price range. For some reason I can't keep my bow from shooting left. I'm shooting at 67lbs with 400g ICS Hunters and my arrows are not whipping. My sites are level before I release and my pins and my arrow are perfectly centered. Can someone help me out? Thanks a million.
Steve
Old 08-27-2006, 02:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: shooting left

Sounds like you need to asjust your sites to the left until you strt hitting your target. Have you adjusted your sites?
Old 08-27-2006, 02:59 PM

Yes, I have moved my sites from left to right. This is also what I meant by my arrow and my pins being perfectly centered (when looking down the shaft of my arrow and the sights, the pins are basically centered in the middle of the shaft). There may be some other term for this.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

If your missing left you want to move your site left. Follow your miss to correct your error.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:30 PM

Thnx for your suggestion, but as I stated previously, I've already tried adjusting my sights despite the center alignment that should be kept.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

You say you are shooting left, then you say you moved your sights from left to right. You have moved them the wrong way!!!
You cannot center your pins to your shaft by looking down the shaft. Have someone check centershot for you and get it setup properly before the season gets here.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:56 PM

Yes, I have moved my sites from left to right. This is also what I meant by my arrow and my pins being perfectly centered (when looking down the shaft of my arrow and the sights, the pins are basically centered in the middle of the shaft). There may be some other term for this.
First off what motownhonkey said was right. You said that your missing left, and moved the sight pin from the left to the right. If your missing to the left, you need to move your sight pin to the left, not to the right. You move the pin in the direction of the hit.

Second, your rest could be off and causeing you to shoot to the left. If you haven't had your bow paper tuned that would be a good place to start.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:57 PM

The bow shop has set my bow up for me and aligned everything. With all due respect I have been bow hunting several years and I'm quite familiar on how to site in a bow. I'm not moving the pins the wrong way. My shots do not move whenI move the pins and I'm consistently shooting left regardless which ways the pins are moved.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:00 PM

Thnx chiefks. I never thought of paper tuning. I'm well aware that if you shoot left, you move left and follow your misses which is why the whole thing has boggled my mind. Thnx alot.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:03 PM

maybe you are flinching after the shot causing your arrow to go left

Quick Reply: shooting left

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.