Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 sts? any good or not? >

sts? any good or not?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

sts? any good or not?

Old 08-27-2006, 04:36 PM

Default RE: sts? any good or not?

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

There was a slow motion video on a thread a couple of weeks ago showing what happens when the string hits the stop. If the rubber ever comes off and the string hits the metal bar I don't want to be the one holding the bow. It was very violent. I don't want one on my bow. Does any one have that link for the video.
That is the stupidest thing I have heard in a long time. Well, think about this: If your arrow where to break before it left the rest, it would probably shatter and go straight into your hand.

You can't be a pessimest (sp?) in this sport.

I love my STS, best $40 I have ever spent. I use the serving that it comes with. My Mathews is not Ultra Quiet.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

SOOOOOORY just stating my opinion. I like the way my bow shootsjust fine without an STS. If you like yours go for it.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:51 AM
Spike

Thanks for the info. I have a buddy who just ordered one so I will see what is does for him and judge for myself using the product. It sounds like I will be impressed with it.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:44 AM
Spike

Just watched the video. Doesn't look that violent, comparatively speaking. My question, has the arrow already left the string by the time the string strikes the STS? It appears to me that the STS is altering the natural flex of the string. If the arrow is already on its way by that point, it's a moot point. If not, I can see how this would change the flight of the arrow.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:56 AM

I like the STS. It almost completely elimiminated the twang noise from my bow to where it doesn't even draw my attention anymore. I chose not to serve my string because I heard it causes the slap noise but instead tojust wax my stringmore often. I also gained a little speed and it reduced the hand shock to a dead feel.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mgk3961

Just watched the video. Doesn't look that violent, comparatively speaking. My question, has the arrow already left the string by the time the string strikes the STS? It appears to me that the STS is altering the natural flex of the string. If the arrow is already on its way by that point, it's a moot point. If not, I can see how this would change the flight of the arrow.
The arrow is still attached to the string at the point when the string hits the sts. This is why you gain some FPS from an STS, it forces the arrow to leave the string earlier, rather than holding on and being slowed. You may have to do some minor tuning adjustments.

I didnt have to retune at all, but some have had minor tuning problems, that can be easily fixed.