Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 2006 Idaho elk archery camp is up and ready! >

2006 Idaho elk archery camp is up and ready!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2006 Idaho elk archery camp is up and ready!

Old 08-27-2006, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default 2006 Idaho elk archery camp is up and ready!

T-Minus 67.5 hours and counting! Look out elk here we come!

This year weare running so late but its better late than never. I am still sore from yesterday, I ledmy horse loaded down with the wall tent, and 160 pounds of feed. Plus my buddy and I each packed our backpacks loaded down with gear that will beneeded for the week. We packed in about 5 miles, plus once we set the tent up we hiked around to do some last minute scouting. All in allwe hiked11 or 12 miles total.It was raining on us hard in the morning but the afternoon it cleared off and we saw three different groups of elk around camp. We will be headed back tomorrow for another load, and tuesday we will finish it up. Wedsday is the opener for the 2006 Idaho elk archery season, so like I said in the beginning look out elk here we come! Good luck to all, hunt hard but have fun! Now lets hear those bulls SCREAM![8D]
Old 08-27-2006, 10:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 2006 Idaho elk archery camp is up and ready!

Good luck to you guys. Take some pics of that morning montain scenery.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:38 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck to you and your camp! I'll be heading west to Colorado with my hunting buddies Friday night. Can't wait. Looks like the weather out there will be pretty decent for hunting.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:05 PM
Dominant Buck

Already sent you a PM so will just say, good luck to you. With your calling and determination I think you're ready. Take lots of pictures please. Camp site, country, elk and of course that one with you holding onto the rack of Elkzilla. Good luck and rest easy knowing that 99% of we Easterns are so terriblyenvious.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

What David said...
Old 08-27-2006, 01:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am tired
Old 08-27-2006, 06:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck. I'll be on my way out there september 15th, so save a few bulls for us.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Best of luck...........please take pictures we would love to see them!!
Old 08-28-2006, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I am almost ready to take off, have a few more things to pack into the truck load up my horse and then I have to wait until noon for a friend to come into town. Thanks everyone for the kind words! We will have fun and hopefully some success as well. Take care and good luck to all.

Good luck. I'll be on my way out there september 15th, so save a few bulls for us.

rybohunter, if you don't mind me asking what zone are you planning to hunt? I will be back on the night of the 5th then I will be leaving for another week on the 17th.Because I have many die hard elk hunting friendsincludinga fewwho are outfitters/guidesand Ialso work part time in the archery shop I will have heard many different hunting reports bythe time you leave for Idaho on the 15th.Depening upon what zone you hunt, I may have some info that could be of help to you. I always like knowing where the majority of hunters are so I can stay away from that place, and it doens't hurt to know wherethe elk are being seen too. Either way good luck and happy hunting. Jason
Old 08-28-2006, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

that is awesome! One day I hope to do something like that!!!

Quick Reply: 2006 Idaho elk archery camp is up and ready!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.