Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Carrying a stand AND a pack >

Carrying a stand AND a pack

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Carrying a stand AND a pack

Old 08-26-2006, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default Carrying a stand AND a pack

Anybody figure out a way to carry both a climbing treestand AND a hunting pack? I was going to try puting the pack on the back of the treestand somehow. Sure to be a lot of weight on my back, but I need to have all my stuff with me.Hoping it won't be too bad as long as it's evenly distributed. Lots ofstuff to carryhunting public lands.[&:]
Old 08-26-2006, 07:30 PM

Default RE: Carrying a stand AND a pack

I carry a fanny pack.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:34 PM

I wear a fanny pack too and use the big pockets on my pant legs to carry a water bottle or two.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

Fab, Fab, Fab!

Your back can carry the weight better than Your hands.
That said, Get the sewing machine out,(helps if you got the "gay gene")
And make up a good waist belt in addition to the shoulder straps.

Get some elastic material and afix (pop rivit/washer) it to the bottom of the foot platform to hold in Your small pack.

I find all hunting products to have been designed by someone who has never hunted public land.

Slack
Old 08-26-2006, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

Bungy chord. Or if your backpack has those clipy things on them you can try to clip it to the center of the stand. Mine does but I had my backpack fall off one year doing that and I had to back track all the way up a hill to find it.[&:]

Bundy chords work the best IMHO. I hunt public lands too.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:53 PM

I had the same problem as I got older and less errrr.......athletic. I carried a pack with cold weather supplies, food, water and the usual hunting accessories. Now, I put all that stuff on my "mule" (one wheel aluminum cart) and travel with very little effort uphill or down to my stand. I ditch the mule under some brush for the day. If I luck out during the day, the mule will carry deer, stand and pack with little or no effort getting out. Jack
Old 08-26-2006, 08:02 PM
Fork Horn

Wow, I'll have to look into one of those mule things. I already have a fanny pack, but it doesn't hold enough stuff.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:13 PM

I attach my backpack to the stand and carry both, It is heavy but its better than carrying it in my hand.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got one of those primos bowhunting vests for christmas last year, They have lots of big pockets. I think they have them at BPS if you are interested.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:21 PM

I had this dilema last year. I was going to get a fanny pack but none of them had alot of room. So i just attached my backpack to my treestand. It makes its more heavy but its still not to bad.I just got a big hook and put it on the loop at the top of my pack and hung it on the treestand. Then gets the bungie cords that came with my summit stand and bungie it to the stand. It makes no noise at all going threw the woods.

Quick Reply: Carrying a stand AND a pack

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.