Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

giant shed pic

Old 08-26-2006, 04:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default giant shed pic

Here is my 14 year old son Dalton,and hunting buddy holding a shed he found while turkey hunting in 05. we call him the ghost because we have three years of single sides off this buck and have never seen him.Dan
Old 08-26-2006, 04:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: giant shed pic

time for a trail camera
Old 08-26-2006, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bloodcreek, it looks like you figured out the picture sizing problem.Way to go. Now go figure out that bucks pattern, good luck with him.
Old 08-26-2006, 05:01 PM

I think its time to invest in a camera or start looking a lot harder for that buck.
Old 08-26-2006, 06:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

well here is the deal. between my neighbor and me we have6 game cams me having 2, him 4, and neither have been able to get pics of him. i did not find either shed from this past season. we hunt 800 + acres and just a small fraction is crop fields. alot of places to hide. but all sheds have found been in a pretty tight radius. we will keep trying.
Dan
Old 08-26-2006, 06:45 PM

that looks like a kick ass shed...bout time you start lookin for them in the spring instead of finding them during hunting season...great off season passtime
Old 08-26-2006, 06:53 PM

Dan....I'm curious. Have you found both left and right sides or just one side all three years. We shed hunt in early spring and we have 10 to 15 left sides and only 2 right sides.....we can't seem to figure this out. Sometime we spend 8 to 10 hours looking. Thanks, Diann
Old 08-26-2006, 07:37 PM

I agree with most of the other post, time to invest in a Cuddeback digital...
Old 08-26-2006, 07:38 PM

bloodcreek I read an article that stated most bucks are killed within 100yrds of their sheds ( good spot to hunt him)
Old 08-26-2006, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mom W/swd
Im with you on that that one. I have two lefts and one right of this buck. between me and my son we have some 30-35 sheds and we only have one full set that was from a 1 1/2 8 point. he found one side and i found the other a week later. this year my son found a dandy basic 8 with a split g-1 the base is over 6" diam. my neighbor found the other half a couple weeks earlier.

ifitrunshuntit647
we do a lot of shed hunting when they drop. when that shed was found i was in a sling from rotator cuff surgery and was meerly ******ing my son on turkey hunts. i did not get to look muck that year.
Dan

Quick Reply: giant shed pic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.