Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New hunter saying Hi >

New hunter saying Hi

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New hunter saying Hi

Old 08-26-2006, 11:58 AM

Default New hunter saying Hi

I've always been interested but never tried hunting until now. Well, I not actually a hunter until I shoot my first deer, until then I'm a guy in a tree.

The hardest part of this experience so far is convincing my wife and family why I want to hunt. I'm getting alot of criticism and its tough to deal with. So far Ive herd "Why do you want to shoot Bambi?" "Why eat venison when you can buy meat at the store?"or even"Anyone who could shoot an innocent animal has the capability to be a murderer....hunters are wackos"...

Anyway
Just wanted to say hi! I'll be on the boards reading tips and stories

Peace
Ed K.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New hunter saying Hi

Welcome. Being out there makes you a hunter. When you make your first kill you will be a more accomplished hunter.

Old 08-26-2006, 01:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome to the forum CheapQ2
Your gonna like this site it has a lot to offer for the beginers.
Feel free to ask all the questions you want , there are no dumb ones and check out all of threads you can learn a lot just by reading them.
Just let the Mrs. know that hunting is what you like to do and try to take your children out with you, they might enjoy being out in the woods.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome and enjoy!!
Old 08-26-2006, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome! You will learn quite a bit by just reading other forums and asking questions you are uncertain of. I know I have learned a whole lot and I tell all my hunting friends about this site so they can expierence what I have! I think you will like it here!!!!
Old 08-26-2006, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome aboard.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Its nice to have you here on the forums,

This is the absolute best site on the web for begining hunters/archers, You can ask questions and get answers and peoples opinions, it truly is a great site.What kind of hutning are you gonna do, whitetail? gun or bow or both
Old 08-26-2006, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome! If you're like me, I can't stop. It's like cutting your arm off. I tried for 4 years and it drove me crazy, eventually had to get rid of my ex. It's as much a part of me as my hair color. Don't let anyone give you any critisism. When you're in the woods, and a bird lands so close that you can see it blink, or you have a squirrel run over your legs, and you realize that most people have no idea how life was meant to be. That's when you know that you are a hunter. In the bible, read Acts 10:13 Rise, Kill and Eat.
Old 08-26-2006, 05:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

Its nice to have you here on the forums,

This is the absolute best site on the web for begining hunters/archers, You can ask questions and get answers and peoples opinions, it truly is a great site.What kind of hutning are you gonna do, whitetail? gun or bow or both
Im going to stick to bow hunting Whitetail for now. Infact, bow hunting seems morefair to me. I feel like anyone can use a rifle with a scope.
Old 08-26-2006, 06:12 PM

Just keep the positive attitude you have. Do not get discouraged by non-hunters or anti-hunters. Their prejudices or attitudesagainst hunters are often fueled by ignorance or non-ethical hunters who give the sport a black eye.

You were a hunter the day you found interest in the sport. Don't ever forget that. Continue to educate yourself about the sport and continue to fuel your passion for the sport.

The sport of hunting need men like yourself. Ones who rise above the criticisms that could eventually bring our passions to an end. Slowly share your hunting experiences with your family and you may be surprised how their attitudes may change over time.

Welcome aboard and I wish you well this season.

Bols

Quick Reply: New hunter saying Hi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.