Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Buck of a lifetime......

Old 08-23-2006, 02:54 PM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: Buck of a lifetime......

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

ORIGINAL: GregH

Simple. A buck of a lifetime is the largest buck that an individual ever takes during his career. Whether it is 70" or 200"+.
Very well put!

Is that yours in your avatar Greg?
No, that one is #4, I got a 180 incher that almost made me fall out of my tree. This oneis a nicer pic. Actually, every deer I get or even see is an adventure of a lifetime.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

To me a buck of a lifetime is one that you will never top. It's one that is far better than the normal top end buck of your area.

A hunt of a lifetime is one where the situation of the hunt rather than the size of the buck is what makes it memorable.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:07 PM
Typical Buck

Dipsnort: Thats a big buck man. Is that a muley?
Old 08-23-2006, 03:11 PM

to me a buck of a lifetime was 20 years ago and i still remeber it to this day., we were driving around and the biggest buck to date ran right in front of our truck .,200 class ummm maybe., or better., i watched him go into a wildlife., i then used the wind and put a stock on him ., knowing with in 20 yards where im thinking he is ., i start to get ther e., im 20 yards now ., and i for some reason looked to my right ., and when i did that,. he jumped up,. i drew back, but when i got the pin on him he turned and ran away from me.,no shot!! still the biggest buck i have ever seen.,that was my buck of a lifetime., and i never saw him again.,
Old 08-23-2006, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

A massive 250 plus inch nontypical with lots of stickers and double drop tines!!!!! If I am going to wish I'm going all out. That's the picture I get when I thinkof my buck of a life time.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

My buck of a lifetime is a little bit different than the general concensus. My buck of a lifetime was the first buck I ever killed. It wasn't only my first buck, but my first achery deer as well. It was also the first deer I ever killed while hunting solo. Nobody was there to guide me, it was just me and the buck. I had scouted out the land, placed my stand, picked the right wind to hunt, set up, and made the shot!

The fact that my FIRST buck was taken with a bow is something I hold very deer in my heart. You only get one shot at your "First Buck." Taking my first buck with a bow is something that will never change....it only happens once in a lifetime....so he is my buck of a lifetime.

Granted I shot a bigger buck last year (I've only killed two in total) and will probably top that one eventually...someday I might even get lucky enough to take a whopper. Those bucks will always be special for one reason or another...and will be their own special buck of a lifetime. Last year's buck was my first buck with a flintlock....I will never have another first flintlock buck. So that is a buck of a lifetime as well.

A buck of a lifetime to me has nothing to do with the number of points, the inches of bone, or the weight of the deer. The circumstances surrounding the hunt are what makes any buck a buck of a lifetime to me.

3ptis my archery buck; 5pt is the flintlock buck

Old 08-23-2006, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

Mass,Droptines,Points,Weight,Age,Piebala.......... .
Old 08-23-2006, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

For me the first buck my son takes will be my buck of a life time..
Old 08-23-2006, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

My buck of a lifetime is the first one I actually "hunted" rather than waiting over a pile of corn. I scouted the area, found his scrapes and rubs, and setup downwind of the trail he'd been using. He came in, rubbed a tree and left. I called him back with a bleat can and took him at 15 yards. I tracked him myself at night, lost blood, came back in the morning and got him. Gutted and dragged him out myself.

By the way it was a 2.5 yr old 6 point with a 15 inch spread. It was much more rewarding than waiting over a pile of corn.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PA Bow/Flinter

My buck of a lifetime was the first buck I ever killed.
I feel somewhat the same way. the buck i will never top is my first mature buck bowkill....but first deer ranks up there too....anyway, that buck at a glance can takesme back to that day even if its 130" are to some insignificant when veiwed next to a couple, more recent trophies, hanging beside it.

Quick Reply: Buck of a lifetime......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.