Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tink's 69

Old 08-21-2006, 08:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default Tink's 69

We've all seenthe tv commercials, but does anybody use the stuff? What's everybody's opinion on Tink's and other scents?
Old 08-21-2006, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tink's 69

Personally iv tried alot of scents and tinks 69 is one of the best i use. I just put it on a cotton ball and stick it on a tree.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never had any luck with any of the scents, I'm not wasting my money this year on them. Scout and hunt the wind, is anyones best bet.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I won't use anything out of a bottle. Tried a lot of em, never seen it bring one in.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:26 PM
Spike

I think this year i am going to try some scent........at least cover scent for the walk to and from the stand. Also, i am going to be big on storing my gear and keeping everything as "non-human" as possible..........Is that possible? LOL
Old 08-21-2006, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've personally seen scents work and other times they've been ignored.I will use them less this year
Old 08-21-2006, 10:06 PM

never had much luck with any Tinks product.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

The only scent that I have seen workI dont think a guy can buy anymore but it came in small plastic bottle and smelled really good..we used to get it in Sparta Wi at the east side Kwik Trip store, but i cant remember for life of me what the name of it was. But 3 minutes after putting it out, and if there was buckin the area, hed find it right away. if i remember right the bottle was semi clear, had a black lid and yellow lettering. I think it was liek a .90 ounce or a 1 oounce plastic bottle. Now that stuff worked. Cant seem to find it any more.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:02 AM

I have tried Tinks and most others without much success, I think the preservatives they use in the deer urine must change the natural odor. Two year ago, my boys and I started using products from Southern Whitetail Scents products and have harvested some really nice bucks using their products.We use the doe P for a cover scent and their Hyper Heat (freshly collected estrous) during th rut. Their stuff has no preservatives, is collected fresh during the current hunting season and is refrigerated to inhibit bacteria growth. check um out at www.southernwhitetailscents.com
Old 08-22-2006, 07:13 AM
Typical Buck

I have use Tinks in the past and have had mixed results. I have had some good deer come in but I don't know if it was because of the tinks. When I would first introduce it to a new area it seemed to work ok. I don't know this to be fact, but, since they have changed from glass to plastic it doesn't seem to work that well for me. I will be switching to a brand that has no preservitives in it this year.

Quick Reply: Tink's 69

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.