Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 what's your most hated word or phrase on hunting shows >

what's your most hated word or phrase on hunting shows

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what's your most hated word or phrase on hunting shows

Old 08-21-2006, 11:41 PM

Default RE: what's your most hated word or phrase on hunting shows

For those that watch the Mens Channel.Right now they play the phrase"I just shot the biggest buck of my life" and they play it over and over and over. Now only that but it's in the whispery voice, like someones going to hear them...... Like the buck he just shot that more then likely has other things on his mind other that the JA in the blind that just put a BH through his gut.....

-D
Old 08-22-2006, 03:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Management buck= helps pay for the ranches management.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:24 AM

ORIGINAL: pjhunts

I have several, but the absolute worst is FOLKS! I just hate it when they start Folks'n this and that. I wish they would just talk to the cameraman instead of trying to talk to me throught the tv. I saw a guy the other day say it about 10 times before he completed a sentence.
Mine is: " Folks, we've been tracking this buck for days, and we finally got him". Translation: we just got here last night and have a hangover, thank Goodness the guide was doing his dang job for us.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

"And Where Have We Seen This Before, Hu?" Ted Nudgent. Gotta love Uncle Ted though.
Old 08-22-2006, 06:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

I cant stand whispering
Old 08-22-2006, 06:35 AM
BDC
Fork Horn

Look at the size of those G2s! I'd rather hear the term horns

I hate hearing an eight point white tail referred as a four by four. (Its an eastern thing)

ANYTHING that comes out of Ted Nuget's mouth lol.

Old 08-22-2006, 06:41 AM
BDC
Fork Horn

Oh yeah, hear is another.

Went hunting bears in Canada you first need to prepare a good bait site...

That burns me up.
Old 08-22-2006, 06:55 AM
Fork Horn

I have two.

#1: I start with a question. ask yourself how many deer have you found that there tongue was in there mouth? now you watch a guy gut shoot a deer stand on his tip toes and say "he is going down! he is going down!" Then "sneak" up on the deer that has been cleaned up like it has been to the undertaker and laid out for its funeral. I understand that they do not want to show all the blood for the showhowever do not jerk us around and insult our intelligence!!!!

#2: Whisper Whisper Whisper???? What the HECK did he just Say??? So I turn on the surround sound and crank it to hear him and what do you hear? "WHISPER! WHISPER! WHISPER!
I mean come no you cant give the edit guy 5 bucks extra to through in a few subtitles?
Old 08-22-2006, 09:20 AM

"shooter buck", that hyena like laugh after the shot, 'management' buck, when they make a sorry imitation of a 'grunt' to stop the deer---I really hate that!--their bragging about how hard they worked, and how the plan all came together--what plan?--call the outfitter, and go where he says!---and when they do a play by play as if we don't know what's going on!---the doe just took a step, and now she's looking back--there's a buck trailing her--he's behind a tree, and I can't get a shot--oh man, just one more step, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah!---DOH!!!!!!
Old 08-22-2006, 09:25 AM

Ha, am I the only one who cant stand watching rifle caribou hunts? They just get ahead of the heard and sit behind a rock and watch a few hundred walk past and shoot one that looks just like the first 50 nice bucks that walked past them course they have no fear of man so they just walked by. Then the one they decide to shoot thepoor thing just stands there looking at the hunter/guide/camraman and mills around for a few minutes before he shoots it. Then of course the go into the spill about how hard it was and it was perfect timing etc etc. It seems it would be about as hard to stalk cattle in a field. What bothers me mostly about hunting shows is when I was younger I used to watch shows like that to learn how to hunt. I never really did because I realized how unrealistic they seemed and my dad was there to make sure I knew it was TV and we would not be passing up 8 points every weekend. But now they have become worse andgotten to be a half hour long commercial for what ever product or ranch they are trying to selland to think there might be a young hunter soaking this all in really bothers me.

Quick Reply: what's your most hated word or phrase on hunting shows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.