Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 what's your most hated word or phrase on hunting shows >

what's your most hated word or phrase on hunting shows

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what's your most hated word or phrase on hunting shows

Old 08-21-2006, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what's your most hated word or phrase on hunting shows

I HATE when there looking at a real nice buck and say

"You know folks that's a real nice buck but he's just not what were looking forbecause here at the BLAH-BLAH-BLAH ranch he will be even bigger next year."

Yeah that may be true but don't you think whatthey really mean is:

"That' a nice buck and I would be a fool not to shoot it but since the guide told me there is a 12 pointer that usually gets to the plot 10 minutes after the nice 8 I'll just wait on him"
Old 08-21-2006, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

I hate all the hoopin and hollarin they do. Also I dont like it when their hunting deer and they say wow thats a pig. Hello It was a big deer not a pig. That is fron dream season, cant remember which show. I mean he emphasized it quite a few times. I also dont like to hear them say thats a brute Real Tree Bill Jordan says it mostly.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:05 PM

I cant stand it when the camera man is set up behind the deer when the hunter is "tracking" it. Its annoying to me because they ACT like they have NO idea where the deer is..

Anyone know what im talking about??
Old 08-21-2006, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

My most hated phrases are boiler room and vitals,why can't you just say where you shot it? I shot it through the lungs or I shot it through the chest cavity?Any phrase that demeans the animal,like I popped it's bags,or popped it's balloons.

Old 08-21-2006, 04:28 PM
Typical Buck

Well pet peeves have been mentioned but here goes.
1. I am like alot of you other guys- if it is gun hunting, the channel gets flipped. When I have seen gun hunts, and these guys make about a250 to 300 yard shot, and then fall over each other because it was such a great hunt and the deer or elk had NO IDEA we were here... I just want to scream!!
2. Whenever I see that they are hunting either in Texas, or hunting the ___ ranch, I don't watch it.

3. All of Ted's stupid sayings, such as the spirit this the spirit that, the Beast is dead, Long live the Beast. After a shot, he always gas to stick his arrow in the ground and say " Where have we seen this before?" and all his otherstupid rants.

4. When they hunt places like the Teuage Ranch, Paradise Hunt Club etc. where a bunch of rich guys "buy" a trophy and shoot it out of a cushy blind at a feeder and then try and convince you how great of a hunter they are.

5. As said many times, when the camera is on one side of the dead animal and the hunters come trailing from the other side and "find" the animal. That drives me crazy!!

6. Jimmy Houston's dumb laugh, wait, everything about Jimmy Houston!

7. Wally "the cattle killer" Dallenbach

8. Even though I really like Ralph and Vicki and Archers Choice- I get so tired of Vicki holding her nose and mouth and doing that laugh everytime she shoots an animal, and then Ralph having to show you his hand shaking after every animal. Man that gets so old.

I am sure there are more, but there are some.

Old 08-21-2006, 05:40 PM

Any sort of swearing is disrespectful to the listeners in my opinion, so those would be the most hated words in my book. I'm not showing that sort of thing to my kids.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Management Buck. This really means - "Our show doesn't have the budget to pay for a 180 class to be released into the pen, so we'll shoot this 140 class because it's cheaper".

Safari. I HATE watching African safaris.

Harvest.

What do you think he'll score? I can't stand when that's the first thing out of their mouth when they walk up to the deer.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can't stand when they are tracking the deer and he finds it RIGHT NEXT TO THE FREAKIN CAMERAMAN.
You know how you hear about twenty jokes in a row and they all sorta just start wearin' you down until just about everything you hear after that seems funny? Maybe that's the point I was at when I read this, but I was rollin' on the floor, man!

1. I am like alot of you other guys- if it is gun hunting, the channel gets flipped. When I have seen gun hunts, and these guys make about a250 to 300 yard shot, and then fall over each other because it was such a great hunt and the deer or elk had NO IDEA we were here... I just want to scream!!
2. Whenever I see that they are hunting either in Texas, or hunting the ___ ranch, I don't watch it.
Amen, brotha!

Old 08-21-2006, 09:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

My pet peeve isn't so much something thats said more than something thats done.
Yea same here...Theres this one thing that is said and done by a certain person...cough*Jakie*Cough*Bushman*cough...When the camera's lookin right at him glassin over the place, and most of us knowin the deer actually isnt there...he says..."Theres a good one right there" and gets his gun up makin noise nothin short of a marching band. I cant stand it man..It just gets me.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:59 PM

"The spirit of the wild is alive within in me" and "The mystical flight of the arrow" both of them drive me freakin nuts.

Quick Reply: what's your most hated word or phrase on hunting shows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.