Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whitetail Limits >

Whitetail Limits

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whitetail Limits

Old 08-19-2006, 06:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Whitetail Limits

When it really comes down to it, UNLIMITED! Where I hunt you can take 6 bucks, two in each season for that zone. There are I think 5 zones in the state. So I guess 30 bucks. You also most shoot two bambi's/does before the second buck. The bambi's/does are unlimited in the zone I hunt.

As far as I know those are the limits again for this year. I don't read the regs since it's pretty rediculous to the limits. I will glance at them sometime during the season just to check to make sure not much has changed from last year. It never seems to change. I guess the next change will be you have to shoot 5 does before your first buck or something.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:39 AM
Typical Buck

in maryland were allowed 2 bucks and 10 doe in every catergory after the 10 you can purchase tags for doe only.if a buck is taken first with a bow you got to shoot 2 doe before you can take another buck. same with rifle andmuzzleloader.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

in my unit in tenn we can kill three deer but only two may be bucks and the antlers have to be atleast 3 inch in length
Old 08-19-2006, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

In Missouri you can kill 1 buck with rifle and I think 1 buck with muzzleloader and 2 bucks with a bow. Does are a different story. Some areas you can buy extra doe tags for gun and most of the state you can kill an unlimited number of does with a bow. Also some areas have gone to a 4 points on one side min. for all weapons. You almost need to take the rules with you and have to know what county your in.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:08 AM
Fork Horn

To add to Dr Andy's WI post....
Here in the North Woods, I bought my Archery and gun license at the same time. I received 5 tags, but in the area I hunt, I can only use the top three:
Archery (Either/or)
Archery (antlerless)
Gun (buck)
The other two tags are good only in the Earn-A-Buck Zones for antlerless deer with either gun or bow.
But, as long as there are antlerless tags available in specific units, you can buy one/day until they are gone. They are unit specific. In EAB units they cost $2. In regular units, like where I hunt, they are $12.
So, I believe in my non- EAB unit, I could possibly shoot 118 deer between Sept 16, 2006 and Jan 7, 2007. It would cost me $1428 in tags.
Brian
Old 08-19-2006, 08:27 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys, very veryinteresting, i didnt know about the earn a buck system. Sounds like that could be tough after a month of pressure. it would be kinda tough here in my area of MN.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:29 AM

Here in the area I hunt in we can take 4 does and 1 buck between riffle and bow. Not sure on muzzle loader. My plan is to take the first none yearling doe I see so I have meat in the freezer and work the kinks out then I'll be looking for big deer until after gun season then the last two weeks of bow season I'll be filling my tags with anything that walks by.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:43 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: smokyghost

in maryland were allowed 2 bucks and 10 doe in every catergory after the 10 you can purchase tags for doe only.if a buck is taken first with a bow you got to shoot 2 doe before you can take another buck. same with rifle andmuzzleloader.
I'll have to read the regs again. I don't recall any thing in the regs about buying more tags. I did see the check in process changed once you tag out (If you didn't already go crazy from dealing with so many deer kills). Never saw anything about new tags to purchase.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, in AR last year I was in a one buck zone. In AR this year I'm in a two buck zone. I haven't moved.

They raised the buck limit and I'm glad. You can now harvest two bucks and two does with a bow in my zone. Last year you could only harvest does with a bow, which stinks because where I'm at the buck/doe ration is 1/4 or something to that effect. Not anywhere close to where you want it.

Not real sure what some of the desk-sitting, city-slickers in Little Rock are doing with our deer herd...
Old 08-20-2006, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

In PA, 1 buck and up to 3/4 does...depends on the tags you get. In WV, you can shoot 2 in archery either sex, two bucks in rifle, 1 in muzzeloader, 1-3 doe depending on county...

Quick Reply: Whitetail Limits

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.