Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whitetail Limits >

Whitetail Limits

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whitetail Limits

Old 08-18-2006, 10:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default Whitetail Limits

Not that it is all about taking, i am curious to know how many deer you can take in your state, area, region, etc. during the entire season. Where I live I can take 2 either sex.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Whitetail Limits

if you dont live in pennsylvania i doubt you could guess how many we can take! lol. to make a long story short you can only take ONE buck regaurdless of anything. but antlerless is a wholeeee diffrent ball game. they set numbers of tags for each wildlife managment unit(used to be county) residents get first picks. send in applications and if they have them and you followed the application youll get it. then non residents get a chance. then residents get another chance. by then some are sold out..by the time the second round for residents is over MOST are sold out. usually all thats left is special reg areas that have to many deer and too many houses and roads. then theres a 3rd round. then i think after the 3rd round you can buy over the counter or send for as many as you want. so if your hunting a special reg area you can usually buy as many doe tags as you like.

to make it simple you can take 1 buck and as many does as you have tags for
Old 08-18-2006, 10:58 PM

2 bucks max per person regardless iof what weapon you use (If you get two with bow than none are allowed with gun. If you get one with a gun tha you can only take one with a bow) and as many does with a bow as you see fit.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:08 PM

One.

Three point minimum or antlerless.

We can put in for and draw a second antlerless deer tag as well, but that isn't garaunteed.

Pretty lame, and I really dislike Washington State because of it. We're one of the few states with such a small limit and in my section of the state we've got a Doe::Buck ratio thats out of whack.

We could do with a few extra doe tags per year, at least for awhile.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

2 bucks 4 does in my county. Different combinations in different counties, but 6 total.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:44 AM
Fork Horn

In Michigan you can take two bucks one has to have 4 points on a side and you used to be able to get one doe tag a day until they were gone but this year you can only get three doe tags all together.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:01 AM
Typical Buck

Half of Va. can take 3 bucks, 3 does, three turkeys, one bear on a annual residentual license. I don't know about out-of-state.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:17 AM
Typical Buck

Here in Kentucky we can harvest 4 deer. One buck and three does or 4 does.
Good Hunting.
Old 08-19-2006, 04:58 AM
Typical Buck

In Indiana, without getting drawn for any special hunts, you can take 1 buck per season.It used to be 1 with a firearm and 1 with a bow.

Now just 1 regardless.

Does...
Holy cow. Some counties have a limit if 8 does!!!
Most are 1-3, but you can drive to as many counties as you want and shoot as many as that county will allow you to shoot. It all depends how many tags you want to buy!
Old 08-19-2006, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

In Wi the area I hunt is a herd reduction zone. From 9/16-10/26 you can get 4 tags daily for free. After the 26th it's earn-a-buck time and you have to tag a doe first. The rest of the state is one buck,two does I believe,for bow,not sure of guns. So if you dothe math let's see............oh I lost count. Anyways you won't get that many opportunities.

Quick Reply: Whitetail Limits

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.