HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   ATTN Maine hunters, news about hybred beast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/152423-attn-maine-hunters-news-about-hybred-beast.html)

LaHoytguy 08-18-2006 12:53 PM

ATTN Maine hunters, news about hybred beast

I read an article on AOL about some wierd animal they ran over. If you ask me its just a werewolf, but I guess I could be wrong. The thing was bad enough to have reportedly killed a doberman pincer and a rottwelier before it met its demise via car as it chased a cat across the road!!! I just wondered if any of yall heard anything about this. Expert Calls 'Hybrid Mutant' Just a Dog - AOL News

Matt/TN 08-18-2006 12:59 PM

RE: ATTN Maine hunters, news about hybred beast

thats pretty crazy

Amhrdwd 08-18-2006 05:39 PM

This is a pic of the "Maine Hybrid Dog". I'm a Mainiac I mean Mainer and it's a pretty freaky looking dog if you ask me. What do you all think.

Amhrdwd 08-18-2006 05:41 PM

Ok, I tried to post the pics but it didn't go through. The link above in LaHoytguy's post are the pics.

partsjay 08-18-2006 05:41 PM

I agree...really weird!!

LaHoytguy 08-19-2006 09:10 AM

Yeah how would you like that thing to come running at ya in the dark while you got a stick n string inone hand and a little dim pin light in the other? I wonder if there are others?? I have allways wondered to myself if I ever saw something that looked like bigfoot etc etc would I shoot it, thenI think thats very un-responsible and I dont ever need to shoot at something that I am not %100 sure of what it is, be my luck it would be some jerk in a suit. But then it sure would be cool to be the first on to bag a realbigfoot. Then after thinking about it for aboutfor a few minutes I come back to reality and remeber that I will never have to face this delima and figure I had better stop daydreaming and get back to work.

Finch 08-19-2006 09:37 AM

My mom had a chow that died a year or so ago. I first thought that he resembled a chow but geesh that thing is ugly.

ron3775 08-19-2006 03:05 PM

any idea on how much it weighed. It must have been pretty big for taking down a rot and a doberman.

BDC 08-19-2006 06:17 PM

Its definitely a mountain lion.:D

Phil from Maine 08-19-2006 06:44 PM

I am not so much concerned now about what it is, as it is dead
now. I am more concerned about how many brothers or sisters
that may exist out there. Or if it has young ones there also from
the genes it carried. For as far as what it is with all the testing
being done we should be able to know what it was when the
results are back. In the photo enclosed look at the upturned
fang or the back paw with 2 extra toes resembling the horns of a
devil. This is clearly something different than your average dog.
However this could be just deformed, or a coyote/wolve/dog cross. It is estimated to be from 40 -- 50 pounds.