..." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Good WHA article >

Good WHA article

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Good WHA article

Old 08-20-2006, 09:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Good WHA article

Awareness isn't necessarily always a good thing, jmonster. Awareness in this case does NOT translate into the proverbial axiom of "all press is good press..."

Has Farbman made headlines? Unequivocally. Have they been the headlines the general hunting community would want representing its views, positions and philosophy of what it wants to be portrayed to the non-hunting world -- and more importantly, those we would attempt to "recruit", as the message from the Farbman camp seems to imply? An equally unequivocal -- and resounding -- answer, but to the contrary.

Do we need more youth participation? Aboslutely. The methodologies and modus operandi which Farbman has sought to seek this has been skewed at best, self-serving and detrimental to the community's image at worst. I think most would argue that this "youth participation" and the increasing thereof are really his ultimate agenda any way.

Farbman spoke, and the hunting community answered: It does not want to be represented by this fiasco or its creator, nor does it wish to be associated with the character of its money-grubbing image.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:21 PM

Farbman spoke, and the hunting community answered: It does not want to be represented by this fiasco or its creator, nor does it wish to be associated with the character of its money-grubbing image.
Very well put Greg.

JMONSTER, I ask you this only because you have expressed support for the WHA- what are your motivations for hunting?
Is it the solitude, the comraderie,the predator/prey relationship, the time spent with family? Whatever your reasoning may be- In my opinion, money should never play into a hunter's motivation to pursue game.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:44 PM

how will the WHA ever infringe on your personal hunting rights? nothign they do..will change what you do in the hunting season.

get real people
Old 08-20-2006, 09:48 PM

ORIGINAL: JMonsterZUMBO

how will the WHA ever infringe on your personal hunting rights? nothign they do..will change what you do in the hunting season.

get real people
They are calling what they do, "HUNTING"! It's not hunting!!!!!

That's how!!!

Old 08-20-2006, 09:53 PM

and you are the Websters dictionary.

Thanks for allowing us to hear YOUR definition of Hunting.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ever hear about the parable of cooking a frog? Here's how it goes...

Question: How do you cook a frog? Answer: You place him in a big pot of water and slowly turn up the heat a couple degrees. The frog is swimming around happily... You make sure he's acclimated, then turn up the heat a couple degrees. The frog is swimming around happily... You make sure he's acclimated, then turn up the heat a couple degrees... After a while, that happily swimming frog suddenly croaks, and he never had any idea that he was being boiled alive.

In my very short lifetime upon this wonderful planet, I've already seen freedom after freedom eroded and stripped away from citizens of this great country in the name of whatever-sounds-good-at-the-moment... You may not can see the forest through the trees, but all the enemy needs is a crack in the armor.

You may not be a religious man jmonster, so this example may not hold merit with you. While I am not religious, I do love my Lord, and above and beyond that, I recognize the true reasons for this country's founding. Study if you will how the rights to recognize God's importance inour heritage and role He played in this nation's forming, and you'll see how little by little He has been relegated to an afterthought in this country, even to the point where we can't mention His name.

Was there one big single event that led to the state where Christians are persecuted in the very country founded upon a professed belief in Christ? No. Little by little...

Now, someone may be tempted to label me a religious zealot or wacko for the mere mentioning of His name in such a conversation -- and question what relevance it has to do with the current discussion. Such thinking furthers my point. There was a day in this country that any discussion which left out our Lord was questioned...

The point is that no movement or set of principles is attacked straight-forward; it is chipped away at little by little. One has to study but the ACLU and its methods of tearing down this country through gaining one court win at a time, setting precedent, and then tearing asunder the remaining vestiges of what it sought to destroy. I will not let the WHA become that chink in our armor; not on my watch. Not without a fight.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:07 PM

"People don't think of hunters as being skillful, tactful, respectful people," Farbman said.
"They look at hunters as guys who run up north and have a party and shoot the first thing that comes along. But in reality it's not what hunting is at all."

Those are Farbmans words, yes he is trying to defend hunting but what is he doing. He has a bunch of deer on high fence land and there all just gonna walk around and shoot the biggest one they see. for one thats not hunting because there not actually taking a harvest, they just score the deer and let it go. why dont they all just go out togather hunting shoot a deer and everyone estimate by looking and writing down there score and then score the deer and the closest one wins.

And the people who shoot the first thing that walks out are either novice hunters or complete idiots. And theres nothing wrong with a good BBQ after you return from the hunt.

I guess its ok that hes defending hunting. But i really dont want some complete moron with his get rich quick be an idol to all of hunting ideas out there defending us when he only makes us look like a bunch guys who are only there to hunt for the biggest rack we can find. We all know about the conservation of the deer, like keeping the herds under control to avoid any genetic mutationsand keeping the animals under control so that people arent getting injured on the roadways
Old 08-20-2006, 10:15 PM

"or one thats not hunting because there not actually taking a harvest, they just score the deer and let it go."

again..it goes to show you..how many of you are caught up to date..

KNOW YOUR FACTS!

Old 08-20-2006, 10:18 PM

a religion analogy?

you have got to be kidding me?

Old 08-20-2006, 11:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Funny... last time I used the example of how out-of-control our tax system has become, and you couldn't comprehend that, either.

Here's my final question to you: How much is Farbman paying you? We never even saw you around hunting boards until the groundswell of our uprising squashed his pathetic little idea, at least in the perverted form he envisioned it...

Your tactic of acting like you're coming on board slowly since he's reconfiguring his plans are not disguising your intent in the least. So, how much is it? What was your price?

Quick Reply: Good WHA article

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.