Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What kind of camo? >

What kind of camo?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What kind of camo?

Old 08-17-2006, 01:19 PM

Default RE: What kind of camo?

I use Mossy Oak Break-Up but as soon as the leaves are off the trees it makes me look like a black blob in the sky. I wish nat gear made something that can be used in the midwest.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:21 PM

Last few years I have been using hardwoods & advantage timber. both work well for me. I also like predator deception but it tends to be hard to find.

Old 08-17-2006, 01:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like to mix it up so I use a varitey of camo from Mossey Oak Break - up to Realtree Hardwoods and Advantage Timber just to name a few.
I like them all and try to get every patteren thats out there.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:06 PM

Personally, I really like the ORIGINAL Realtree of about 15 years ago. That pattern was awesome! I made the switch to the open pattern of ASAT last year, and I'll never, ever use MO, Realtree, or the like again. The stuff has no shelf appeal what so ever, but man do they work. I'm also excited about recieving my Enigma in the next week and running it through the mills.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

Nice picks Rob!

Sorry to open them can o' worms Greg

I kinda lied, my original jacket I got last week was a tad tight (belly [&:]). I emailed them and asked if they had a size larger available, they did! So I should have my new jacket tomorrow to check out, maybe this one has more white. I will post pics of all my pieces tomorrow.

I would also like to say, that Ginny at Predator is a very sweet lady! Man is she ever so helpful, couldn't be more happier.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:01 PM
Fork Horn

Mossy Oak while its warm. Once it starts getting cold I wear Weatherby Wool in outfitter camo. They are expensive (retail $400 a set), but they will last a lifetime and I'm warm no matter what.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:09 PM

Seclusion 3D, Ridge Ghost, Cabelas Outfitter.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:29 PM
Typical Buck

A lot of my warm weather gear is Nat Gear. I love this camo. My colder gear is a mixed bag of things that I've compiled over the years...mostly because of good sales. Now that Nat Gear is starting to offer better fabrics & technology in their lines, I'm hoping to nab to colder gear in this pattern after the season. Regardless, I just really need some windproof and waterproof gear....that's my excuse.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:55 AM

I AM A BELIEVER IN MOSSY OAK BREAKUP!
Old 08-18-2006, 07:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

reb, if you want to stay a believer, don't have anyone take a pic of you from 30 yards away while in the woods... [:-]All that pretty detail will absolutely fill in!

Quick Reply: What kind of camo?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.