HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Shot switchback and trycon last night? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/152267-shot-switchback-trycon-last-night.html)

boldplate 08-17-2006 08:25 AM

Shot switchback and trycon last night?

Guys I shot both the switchback XTand the Trycon yesterday. I was impressed that the Hoyt was quieter then the Mathews. Both shot good and I liked them both. I'm not surewhich one I like best. I'm going to carry my AR-31 and shoot all three. I'llsee if they can beat the feel of what I have.

Can someone tell me why Hoyt went to a wider grip? Both my 04 Razortec and the AR have smaller grips. I like a slim grip.

If I like the new ones better I'll walk out tonight with a new bow.

Boldplate

Oneshot7 08-17-2006 08:28 AM

RE: Shot switchback and trycon last night?

that trycin it gonna bow the ar away and the mathews will too i bet you will have a new bow tonight

Dubbya 08-17-2006 08:48 AM

Go with the HOYT, I don't regret my decision atall!As for the wider grip, I'm not sure why they went wider, but it's still more comfortable to me than the mathews grips. Also I think you can get a replacement grip for it. Good luck.

Diesel77 08-17-2006 09:35 AM

ORIGINAL: dwd2001

Go with the HOYT, I don't regret my decision atall!As for the wider grip, I'm not sure why they went wider, but it's still more comfortable to me than the mathews grips. Also I think you can get a replacement grip for it. Good luck.
I agree, you can always get aftermarket grips to fit your grip personal better. Im sure there are some Mathews guys that would preffer a slightly thicker grip than the one thats put on from the assembly line.

Talk to your pro shop about testing the Trykon out with a skinier/thinner grip. All 3 are good bows, good choice going out and shooting them first. Good luck, Im sure you will enjoy any one of them.

Greg / MO 08-17-2006 09:42 AM

Im sure there are some Mathews guys that would preffer a slightly thicker grip than the one thats put on from the assembly line.
Do they even make such a thing? Wider than that? [8D]

Greg / MO 08-17-2006 09:43 AM

Back when I bought my XT (that was PBT days... Pre-BowTech ;)), the first thing I did was take a hair dryer to that grip and install a Tronjo on it... Worlds of difference.

Western MA Hunter 08-17-2006 10:00 AM

I like the grip on the new Switcback XT. Not as thick & deep as the other Mathews Grips. I never liked Mathews or Parker before because of their grips. They are more shaped now and have less bottom edge.
I loved the AR grip, and actually like the new Hoyt grips better. That's just for me though... everyone will be comfortable w/ something different.

Rob/PA Bowyer 08-17-2006 11:32 AM

I agree about the grips on the Mathews bows, I never thought they were a bad bow but hated the grips, never picked up a single one that felt right until the Switchback....I wanted the Switchback to sell me but with all else being equal, the Allegiance won out.

GMMAT 08-17-2006 12:22 PM

I put an aftermarket grip on my switchback last Fall, too.

Wow.

Jeff

Iowa Monsterbuck 08-17-2006 01:40 PM

Not starting a M vs H argument but the Hoyt would have had all the factory installed limbsavers which might make it seem quieter in the shop but if you add them to the Switchback it will be just as quiet if not quieter. If you trust the lab tests which use sophisticated measuring devices the Switchback XTisquieter than the Trykon even withoutthe limbsavers. That being said base your decision on feel rather than whether you think one seems quieter than the other.