HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Loosing Blazers with a biscut (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/152254-loosing-blazers-biscut.html)

TeeJay 08-17-2006 05:46 AM

Loosing Blazers with a biscut

I put a Whisker biscut on the Ol' Ladys Q2 this year. Just cut and fletched up some arrows for her. Beeman ics 340 and blazers. Every arrow she shot within 3 shots 1 of the vanes had come off. Is it my glue or what? I have been cuting and fletching my own arrows for 4 years and never had a prob. i dont shoot a WB though. I am using Fletch Tite Platnum, and pointers will help.

wis_bow_huntr 08-17-2006 05:54 AM

RE: Loosing Blazers with a biscut

Try another glue.......how long are the arrows sitting after you refletch them? You should let them sit ina cool place for at least 24 hours. Its got to be either your glue or the WB is out of tune, becuas ethe WB shouldnt do that to any arrow after 3 shots, it shouldnt do it period. Ive never heard of a WB doing this to anyones arrows after 3 shots. Some thing wrong with the glue or the WB in my opinion.

Slo-Pitch 08-17-2006 06:12 AM

I just started shooting them the other day and I shoot a WB and havent had any come off yet However I have been shooting broadheads and have cut several blazers off of the shaft.... THOSE THINGS SHOOT TIGHT!!!

Howler 08-17-2006 07:29 AM

did ya happen to notice if the glue was sticking on the shaft, the fletch that fell off, or both. If there is no glue sticking on the shaft where the fletchings fell off, then you'd know the glue didn't bond to the shaft, and visa-versa on the fletch. Sounds like the glue isn't bonding to one, possibly both, surfaces!

hvyhitter19 08-17-2006 07:46 AM

I had the same problem, but it was because I was using the Reflective Wraps... I switched to the Gel version of the Glue (forget the exact name), and haven't had any issues since...

Rob/PA Bowyer 08-17-2006 11:39 AM

ORIGINAL: Howler

did ya happen to notice if the glue was sticking on the shaft, the fletch that fell off, or both. If there is no glue sticking on the shaft where the fletchings fell off, then you'd know the glue didn't bond to the shaft, and visa-versa on the fletch. Sounds like the glue isn't bonding to one, possibly both, surfaces!
I agree, then you need to figure why.

mobow 08-17-2006 03:59 PM

I'm assuming it's the glue or some other factor. If you are cleaning the base first, don't. They are treated w/ something that helps adhesion. Cleaning them only wipes that off.

Personally, I've never held much faith in FletchTite. When I was using that stuff, vanes fell off all the time. And I mean, all the time! I switched to Pine Ridge (but any of the cyanocrylates will work just as well) and it's no longer a problem.

Finch 08-17-2006 04:02 PM

I've had great luck with the Bohning Fast Set gel. Never had a fletching come off.

TeeJay 08-17-2006 08:14 PM

Nlo glue on the arrow. So I must not have cleaned them god enough. Thanks all.