Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 wat do yall enjoy most about hunting >

wat do yall enjoy most about hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

wat do yall enjoy most about hunting

Old 08-17-2006, 01:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: wat do yall enjoy most about hunting

I just enjoy being out there , sitting in my stand and watching the world go by.
It gives me the feeling of peace and contentment , theres no better place to be.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:34 PM

i agree with rdhunter. exact same as me
Old 08-17-2006, 02:04 PM
Site Buck Guru

I enjoy seeing and learning about animals as often as possible.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:07 PM
Dominant Buck

I enjoy being one with nature. The closer I get to that objective the better my hunt. I enjoy tracking an individual deer. I get to know the habits and try to find a way to close the gap. Most times the deer wins but occasionally I come out on top. That challenge is what keeps me going. Harvest isn't important it is the chase. I only kill what I can use so that is the way I respect my quarry.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:18 PM

I enjoy being by myself sometimes. I can achieve this 20-25 feet up in my comfortable climber. I love the fresh air and the excitement of seeing deer and other game. Nothing is better than be completely oblivious to the animals that are directly beneath me.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:29 PM

The part I like best is hanging out in camp with the guys.

I live in a Urban Sprawl type area so I can't just walk out the back door and hunt, so its a little different for me. When I get into the woods its a major production for a week or 10 days at a time.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:01 PM

Silence, which is hard to find nowdays!
Old 08-17-2006, 06:02 PM

Waking up early in the morning. Starting the pot of coffee. Stepping outside, and seeing my breath in the frosty air. Hot shower, getting dressed up in camo, finishing a mug of vanilla cremed coffee, and walking to the stand. It's all gravy after that.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Getting the heck out of the filthy city to a place where the air tastes good, everything is pretty andpeople are friendly and helpfull.Its quiet, and if you want to talk to me you have to come find me, no cell phone or e-mail, no sirens, if I hear something moving towards me I reach for my bow. I do enjoy the adrenaline rush, but it doesn't have to be open season to get it, I often spend time in my permanent stand off-season with my camera. I took this pic 2 weekends ago:

Old 08-17-2006, 07:07 PM
Typical Buck

The special time with the Lord in the woods away from everything. Peace like no where else. Special time with my buddies and kidsand fun of hunting together. The rush when a year of planning comes together and the right shot is made. Joy of teaching someone new how to hunt and one of the best rewards.....venison to eat!!!!

Quick Reply: wat do yall enjoy most about hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.