Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 wat do yall enjoy most about hunting >

wat do yall enjoy most about hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

wat do yall enjoy most about hunting

Old 08-17-2006, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: wat do yall enjoy most about hunting

I love it all... Just the thought of the approaching season is amazing!
Old 08-17-2006, 06:47 AM

I'm not the most religious person to start with, but ever since i started hunting I found myself becoming more and more connected to such beliefs. I really feel good about being able to obtain food the way my family did not so long ago. I also enjoy just being away from the city, people, computers etc etc and see the real world wake each morning. Its something special to get to your stand well before any sort of light and everything be completely silent. All of a sudden light starts to wake the wild and you realize all the different sounds and sights that come about. Kick Ass.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I enjoy just getting away from the daily routine of life. There is just something about being in the woods before the sun comes up and watching nature wake up. Harvesting any animal aint to shabby either!!!
Old 08-17-2006, 07:26 AM
Fork Horn

seeing all the animals and the adrenalince rush!
Old 08-17-2006, 07:30 AM
Banned

The complete feeling of closeness with God and nature. Getting back to the basics of hunter mentality. Getting away from the phone and the everyday pressures of life.HCH

Old 08-17-2006, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like it all but mostly I like the quietness of the woods.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:50 AM

I think for me it is being out in the woods with no one asking me a ton of questions and bothering me. So I guess I just want to escape the everyday pressures.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:56 AM
Fork Horn

There is no doubt that the peace and quiet of the outdoors is a large factor, not to mention the adrenaline rush, but to me the most amazing thing is the animal itself. It always amazes me to see a buck or doe simply appear of nowhere. You are certainly in the presense of greatness when this happens. The fact is these animals are superior to us all in the wild. We could neverhope to harvest one of them if not for our camoflage, scent killer and equipment. They are a wonderful creation and we are all at one time or another humbled by them.

Hope this doesnt sound silly, butthe thrill of simplyseeing a large buck is enjoyment itself. A kill only makes it better. As someone once said, the worst day hunting is better than the best day at work.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

To me its the experience of being out in nature. Hearing them wake up or putting nature to bed. The peace and serenity, to let go of stress from everyday life. The harvesting of the animal in which I pursue is secondary. Sure Im out there to harvest (or kill as Ive been corrected on), but thats not a must for me. I enjoy being picky in which animal I can harvest...
Old 08-17-2006, 12:48 PM

being in the woods away from the rest of the world. It's cool watching the animals and just being out of the rat race of life for a little while.

Quick Reply: wat do yall enjoy most about hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.